With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Postby hika » Thu May 01, 2008 8:00 am

*hika, going to be a bit off topic*

Remember !
The allow vote kick will be a new feature for server admins :D

When my new dedicated server will show up, I think I will follow the suggestions to bring a "Rookie" server & a "Pro" one.

(2GB RAM against 512MB now :D)
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby stuffStohl » Fri May 02, 2008 1:00 pm

I sometimes have the same problem when using gatling... Some don t like it too much, hehe. Blaming me a noob instead of flareing me with a fine molotov throw...
stuffStohl
Pistolero

Re: ...

Postby haraldx » Sat May 03, 2008 8:54 am

stuffStohl wrote:I sometimes have the same problem when using gatling... Some don t like it too much, hehe. Blaming me a noob instead of flareing me with a fine molotov throw...

well if you put on a roof or something where you cant get the molotov hit you , then there are real problems. id odnt know is there a map like that but maybe.
In Game Name: Harald
Favourite Weapon: Colt Peacmaker
My Favourite Char: TheMexican

Im Amigo With Sombrero On Head And Peacmaker In Hand !
haraldx
Gunslinger

Re: ...

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat May 03, 2008 3:04 pm

haraldx wrote:well if you put on a roof or something where you cant get the molotov hit you , then there are real problems.

Sounds like a good time for a well thrown stick of dynamite. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Joe Kari » Sun May 04, 2008 2:10 am

Or for using the Sharp Rifle :)
I only get a sharp rifle for that job :D
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sun May 04, 2008 5:06 pm

There is something satisfying about shooting someone off the gatling with a sharps rifle. But it even more rewarding if they come right back to it and set up camp again :D
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Breli » Mon May 05, 2008 10:42 am

Well after two weeks being offline (thanks Deutsche Telekom!) here are my two cents:

The average skill of the active SG players is really a problem. Believe me, a newbie has no fun AT ALL on the servers when he runs into our hardcore fans. Most likely he will be discouraged very quickly ... However, I don't think there is much we can do about it.
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby stuffStohl » Mon May 05, 2008 5:43 pm

It would be a good idea to create an explicit newbie server for the SA release. Advanced players joining there should rather lend a helping hand instead of celebrating a butchery, at least setting the handicap to 50 or something...
stuffStohl
Pistolero

Postby Joe Kari » Mon May 05, 2008 8:26 pm

Bah, I have learned quickly because I have played against Wasteland's Star like Hellrider, Breli, Stuffstohl, Monster, Roch, Manchot, and others... they have kicked my ass so many time when I was still a noob... But having such player as a goal make skills growing up faster...
To adapt or to die :)

Well, that's true, many person don't have this kind of mental, and will be discouraged. But it's a fact : playing with good player improve your skills faster.

If noobs played against each others, they would never realize that it is sometime very useful to walk instead of run, to pay attention of every noise, to draw your knife when you are out of ammo (instead of reloading and praying that all bullet will miss you), never think that knives, molos and dyno can reach target that other weapon can't, never realize that bullet can pass through wood...
Or simple things like the fact it is not a good idea to camp, because many good player are revenge-killer (I'm a furious revenge-killer too, I don't hesitate spending lot of money - like getting a sharp rifle - just for a revenge-kill), so if you wanna camp, it's good to move to another camp point every time you kill 2 or 3 players...

Well, that's true, all player are not thinking the same way than mine, and maybe it's a good idea to have a server for newcomers.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Turtleman » Wed May 28, 2008 12:51 am

Yeah, I remember recent lesson about both camping and molotov Kari;) Once I managed to get you by sharps&scope from nice camping spot with one entrance, so I just switched to saw-off shotgun and kept aiming at the entrance expecting your visit soon. Few seconds later instead of your dearly expected head there was molotov comming and my ass was on fire.
Turtleman
Drifter

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel