With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

wq_tilian roof trick.

Postby haraldx » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:08 pm

have you ever wondered how to get here ?

its pretty easy but in the same time hard. here are full step-by-step instructions how to get there. (later will feature pictures).

1) you can see that there is a small roof wich is being held over logs. i hope you see it. there are also laders. climb them.
2) now that you are on the small roof you have to turn around. you can see a tree
3) the tree is the whole trick key. you can just jump on it. jump on its highest point.
4) we are almost there. if you turn around again you can see the roof. the big roof. now just you have to do is try to jump on it.
5) so did you managed to get on the roof? i hope so. you can camp from there, put a gatling(but i think on roofs no gatling required) or just have fun watching how your friends(or maybe enemys) fragging each other.

WARNING

i suggest you to first practice it offline because its verry easy to die with many failures and i dont think you want to mess your stats like that.

DEMO is available to download.
Download now

How to run demo file.
1) save it in your WQ3 folder.
2) run the WQ3.
3) in the main menu there are some kind of books. click them.
4) double-click demo0005.
5) watch the writings and also watch how to get up on the roof.
In Game Name: Harald
Favourite Weapon: Colt Peacmaker
My Favourite Char: TheMexican

Im Amigo With Sombrero On Head And Peacmaker In Hand !
haraldx
Gunslinger

Postby Clintstone » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:44 am

So you think that's the only way? 8)
Another one is: You need the money for two gatlings and a lot of patience:

Problem is getting from the upper gatling on top of the roof... You tend to sliding down to the right (as you may see by my life count).

For me, it's fun trying to get up there during regular gameplay without a) being shot and b) die by my own to often... :lol:

Cheers,

Clintstone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby haraldx » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:22 pm

ooohhh another nice method but, 1) takes too much money 2) you can be easily shot and then the one who killed you take the gatling and put it other place. but still, i like your method.

haraldx
Gunslinger

Postby Clintstone » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:38 pm

Hi Haraldx and all,
haraldx wrote:1) takes too much money

yeah, that's right. It was our first attempt to get on top of the roof as it seemed impossible to get up via the tree. So, it was more like a proof of concept :wink:

haraldx wrote:2) you can be easily shot and then the one who killed you take the gatling and put it other place

That's correct and the problem when playing "in the wilderness". However, the way me and my folks play changed during the time. Believe it or not - fragging is not in the center of the game any more, much more the style you play. And somehow the gameplay changed into that direction, that - for example - you don't use gatlings standing around - buy one, put it on a funky spot, use it once, frag someone, and laugh at the imagination of his face expression being surprised by being shot from that spot :P . But IF you play online, as I stated above, the goal is to get it done in the first way. However - never managed to do it :wink:

But... Using the gatling as a ladder opens access to spots you usually don't get to. I think about Nightfort, Dawnfort... 8)

Cheers,

ClintStone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Clintstone wrote:But... Using the gatling as a ladder opens access to spots you usually don't get to. I think about Nightfort, Dawnfort... 8)

NNC:

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Breli » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:14 pm

He, stop publishing all the best tricks here! You are stealing the unfair advantage of poor ol' Breli :lol:
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby haraldx » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:11 pm

come on its not so bad, Breli. i know a trick in the wq_train but that trick makes the map look ugly. hmmm.... i think i will start to post several trick topics so new players wouldnt have to ask always''how i get there? i also want to know that trick!''

haraldx
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:49 pm

haraldx wrote:come on its not so bad, Breli. i know a trick in the wq_train but that trick makes the map look ugly. hmmm.... i think i will start to post several trick topics so new players wouldnt have to ask always''how i get there? i also want to know that trick!''

You can post any tips tricks here if you want:
viewtopic.php?t=1314
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Clintstone » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:13 am

Breli wrote:He, stop publishing all the best tricks here! You are stealing the unfair advantage of poor ol' Breli :lol:

Hahaha! Perfect understatement! However: For those who don't like to find out those things by themselfs - they really miss a lot of fun! Anyway: Maybe there should be kind of a spoiler warning before posting things like that...

All the best,

Clintstone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel