With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Min Server Requirements

Postby BringIt » Tue May 20, 2003 7:18 pm

I posted a min requirements post a while back ago... but this is a little different so I thought about posting it as a new topic.

Is a Duron 800 with 256 MB of SDRAM sufficient to power a Q3 Server with 7 bots (3 humans) assuming no one is playing on that box.

The reason I ask is that some of the larger maps are killing an AMD 1200 with 512 MB of memory and an ATI 8500 (granted the current server is running 1024X768 with MAXED resolution), when I have 7 bots and 3 humans when someone is playing on that box as well.

If it's not enough horse power, what would be needed - more memory or a better processor? I don't care if the server is running at lowest video settings.

And I know this will be a newbie question, but is there a way to configure the server from one of the stations on the lan?

Again, the Q3Western Mod IS AWESOME!!!!!! My family can't seem to get enough, they love playing it. Anyone coming up with new maps?

Brian
BringIt
Newcomer

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel