With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

An old friend.

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:41 am

I used to be a member of this forum a year or two ago. You knew me then as Crazy Eddie. Just wanted to say hi and that I am glad you didn't let this mod fade away. Looking forward to the new release. I hope to see more action on the servers once that happens. Thank you for continuing your work. This is my all-time favorite Q3 mod and I would have paid for it if it were a commercial release. Keep up the good work guys. :wink:

-Red Neckerson-
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Drakhon » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:55 pm

Welcome back !!
Good to hear that we have at least some fans out there, but hopefully that'll change with Beta 2 :)
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby Deimos » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:02 pm

hi welcome back!

i hope so too, drakhon.. we oughta do more publicity for beta 2.0, get more servers...
i we do that right, i think people will crawl to us! :)
Deimos
Iron Claw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Mar 30, 2002 3:37 am

Thanks. I think you should really hit up planetquake to advertise your mod once the 2.0 is released. Give them some news that they can report nearly every day for a week or so. It is planetquake that has been directing me back to your site as you update it. I suggest that you save up some newsworthy tidbits when you are close to releasing, and give them a little bit every day. That should generate some hype and give your website a lot of hits. It would of course be important to update the site every day during that time, providing news or screenshots or whatever. Just anything to keep your name on planetquake. That way, people who don't visit pq every day will eventually take notice. PUBLICITY! YOU NEED MORE PUBLICITY! This is a most excellent mod, but whenever I bring it up to my online friends, they have never heard of it. AND, they are more interested in multiplayer than fighting bots.....which doesn't help your cause when there is only one server....and it's empty! Get the word out and you will see the results. Also, I think you should put everything into one easy file instead of splitting it up. (You know, bot files, updates, etc, are seperate from the mod files the way it is now. Make it easier.) These are just some of my opinions and observations. I hope this helps. I LOVE this mod but have been very disappointed that it isn't more widely recognized and played on line. I'll play it forever, but wish I could get some on line action!

By the way, I'm into Return to Castle Wolfensein. I am =NK=NastyEdwin in the NK clan. Here's our site if you want to take a look. http://www.napalmkillers.com

Keep up the good work guys. If you get the publicity, I know 2.0 will be a hit. :D
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby MissingWasp » Wed May 08, 2002 9:46 pm

Quote from one of the wq3 team: Good to hear that we have at least some fans out there, but hopefully that'll change with Beta 2

Its true you dont have a vast amount of fans but u certainly have a fair amount me and stealth r trying to get people at school to play, but most of them r lamers and wont give it a chance hopefully as you say this will change wen 2.0 comes out, o well keep up the good work, me likes the new rifle, but will u still be able to put a scope on the goldenboy, i hope so :) :D
-=More Deadly Than A Frozen Mars Bar=-
MissingWasp
Drifter

Postby General Tso » Wed May 08, 2002 11:35 pm

Getting them to play is the first step. I've been doing testing with my LAN group and even those guys were skeptical at first. After 2 play sessions now though they've gotten used to the game a bit and are itching to play.

Beta 2.0 really is shaping up well so I think if we get the PR doing well enough that people *know* we're here the game will stand on it's own once they try it!
General Tso
Iron Claw

Postby Drakhon » Wed May 08, 2002 11:45 pm

Yes, but as you said : They have to try it !!!
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue May 14, 2002 4:05 am

That is so true. I was the first to try WQ3 among my group of friends. Most of them were hesitant to play it for whatever reason. (I think most people want either military or science fiction based games. :( ) After showing the mod to them and getting them to try it, they realized just how much fun it is! We always play it at my LAN parties and sometimes on your server.

Maybe after you release the next version, you could announce a WQ3 frag-fest to be held on your server(s). I'm sure PlanetQuake would post the announcement along with the server(s) IP address. That should get more people to TRY it out! Like you said, if they will just try it......THEY WILL LIKE IT!!!!!!!
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Drakhon » Tue May 14, 2002 2:26 pm

That's a real good idea. We'll think about that. We just have to figure out n what game-mode we want to do this. Cause in Beta 2 there won't be as much DM as in Beta 1.2
But a tournament in duel mode would be possible, too. Sp we keep that idea in mind till we finished Beta 2.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed May 15, 2002 7:49 am

You guys aren't going to get rid of Free-for-All deathmatch........are you?!!?!!? (I sure hope not.)

As for the gametype on the event in question, how about bank robbery? Objective type first person shooters are gaining a lot of popularity these days. Just look at RTCW. Although, a good free-for-all or team deathmatch are good choices too. If you have more than one server by then, you could cover several gametypes. If you're still stuck with only one server, isn't there a way to rotate gametypes in the server.cfg?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Drakhon » Wed May 15, 2002 5:04 pm

We definitely will have standard free-for-all deathmatch. Imo that's a gamemode that should be included in every mod. But I think that many servers (if there will be many :wink: ) will be bank robbery.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel