With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Several Q's

Postby Daggar » Sat May 18, 2002 9:12 am

Hey this mod is goodlooking I'm sick of those 4543553 other realism mods out there and this looks quite promising :)
Anyway I have some Questions :

- Is there gonna be a 2d map you can view while spectating similar to CS , i found this to bery very useful
- are you planning to include some kind of radio message system although this would be very unrealistic ( or another possible solutuion maybe ?)
- what kind of hit detection do you guys have in mind , I know little bout Q3 but have been messing with some other stuff so I guess Quake3 also ueses by default one Hitbox for the whole pmodel are you going to stick with it as it is pretty inaccurate especially for duel mode or so.

Keep up the good work ;)
Daggar
Newcomer

Postby Drakhon » Sat May 18, 2002 9:27 am

At the moment we don't have a 2d map while spectating, but that's probably something to think about.
We already thought about a message system, but as you said radio message would be quite unrealistic, so we thought about a shout system. So you can shout something at another player. But that would probably be much work and would delay Beta 2 too much. So that's nothing that will be included in Beta 2 but parhaps at a later time.
Our coder has to answer the question regarding the hit detection.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby Daggar » Sat May 18, 2002 11:59 am

ok,
hm shout system sounds quite interesting :mrgreen:
Daggar
Newcomer

Postby Daggar » Tue May 21, 2002 2:39 pm

so anyone ? :?:
Daggar
Newcomer

Postby Spoon » Tue May 21, 2002 2:45 pm

As we're using hit-files for the hit-detection, the hitbox will be very accurate and adapted to the playermodels.
Spoon
Iron Claw

Postby newbie » Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:23 am

other q3 mods ive played like urban terror also have damage location..depending where the bullet hits depends on the damage you take..and the effects that may occurs, may it be bleeding or limping b/c u got shot in the leg..the short lived version of gq2 that I was working on with LordCylux and others was also implementing a damage location much like aq2...but this all was never realised...so I won't bother to bore u all anymore with my reminiscing.
o and nice to be back on these forums..it's been QUITE a while since i've come around..and I notice there hasn't been a lot of change on the map depot..heh..sigh..o well. Gl to you all but most of all hf.
Newcomer

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel