With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

The Dirty Thirties -a 1930s Gang war mod / we want to talk

Postby dRZhivago » Thu May 23, 2002 11:19 am

Hi

Killer looking game so far guys. Want to talk abour sharing ideas and help? We are a RtCW mod team and are currently in developement of a 1930s Gangster MOD. We will have similar weapons in our game and use the Akimbo feature. I am uncertain at this time what it is exactly we can help each other with...but I do know that we should at least talk. The people involved with my project may have models or coding help for you.

Let us discuss this...shall we? :)
dRZ of MASTERMINDS MOD DEVELOPMENT
dRZhivago
Drifter

Postby General Tso » Thu May 23, 2002 5:39 pm

Howdy Doc!

Always good to here from other mod teams out there!

A 1930's mod would kick ass IMO! I'm certianly willing to discuss it.

Not sure about the coding and skinning/modeling angle, that'd be Spoon, Fakey etc's area of expertise.

In addition to news updates I primarily do historic research, map concepts and detail research, and all the weapons advice and background info.

I do Cowboy Action Shooting IRL and we've discussed a 1930's Prohibition type shoot for that as well :). We just did a Wild Bunch Shoot last weeked using 1911 Colt auto's and Winchester 1897 pump shotguns AAMOF. Weapons that spanned the very tail end of the old west and were in their prime during the Prohibition era.
General Tso
Iron Claw

Postby dRZhivago » Thu May 23, 2002 9:54 pm

Hmmm. Sounds like you know your hardware. By any chance do you have pics or info on weapons from that era? We are not attempting to make the mod a perfect weapon simiulation, but it would help to be moderately specific.

The weapons we are using are:

-Fists
-switch blade
-brassknuckles
-Louisville Slugger
-38 Revolver
-45 colt 1911
-Magnum Revolver
-Sawed off Double Barrel Shotgun
-Pump shotgun
-Tommy Gun

...then we add more as we go

It has been a challenge finding info and pics for the Magnum. I'm not even certain what kind of magnum was used in those days.

Do you have any thoughts or ideas?

PS There is a guy I spoke to that wanted to make a wild west mod. I told him to not start one and to talk with you. Perhaps you will be getting another post here.

Please email me if you would like to discuss this further. My email should be: drzhivago@mast3rmindz.com
dRZ of MASTERMINDS MOD DEVELOPMENT
dRZhivago
Drifter

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel