With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Some kind of hardcore durango competition in Poland ;)?

Postby Breli » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:38 pm

The polish guys are playing Durango for, hell i don't even know, must be DAYS now. 24/7. Non stop. Next stop: Durango. Straight. Nothing else. Durango, Durango, Durango ... ;)

There must be some magic at work in Durango. It seems to be the most popular BR map by far followed by Santa Cruz. If I only could figure out what's so special about it ;) ... maybe we could make a nice BR map similar to this one ..
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Re: Some kind of hardcore durango competition in Poland ;)?

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:14 am

Breli wrote:Durango, Durango, Durango ... If I only could figure out what's so special about it.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because it's so tight. Make a very small br map & you'll have a winner in Poland. :lol: Anyway, that's why I rarely play at the Kowboj server. Even if it's on a different map when I join, they'll switch to Durango within minutes & keep it there all day long. A steak dinner is delicious.... but I don't want it for every meal. :roll:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby hika » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:11 am

Oh oh, this new topic is no surprise for me ;)
Well, it must more than days, they always play in durango, maybe months ?
I noticed it for quite a long time. But now, I can testify since I idle in their IRC channel, where Kowboj bot is offering its services.
I remember the day I asked some of them why they keep playing durango.
The short answer is "I love it". A longer answer is "It is a fun small map".
"Small" that is the criteria. Not to bother them but I was not reallly satisfied by their answer :|
I mean, I need more explanations and perhaps I will investigate more about their feeling.

Hopefully, they do profit of some new maps like br_train. When it comes to Deathmatch, wq_hangemhigh is their choice. But I tend to wonder if they really matter about new maps ?
Unfortunately, Backwater, Coyotebluff, Lake and NoNamecity do not have the success they deserve to have.

Too bad, because :
1) I have to acknowledge I find more players in their community.
2) I cannot enjoy playing rifles (especially Winchester 1866 ;)) since they are not really appropriate in small maps
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:52 pm

Yes, probably small and lot's of maze like pathways. I'm hardly playing br, but I guess durango has many routes to rob the bank and to escape. (br_haunted would be even smaller, but doesn't have as many routes, I guess)
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby sebaaa » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:43 pm

HI guys ( and thx for help with registration my nickname).
Well as pole i can only say thats reason can be ....small nombers of players...bigger maps are not best when u have 3-4 players.. I just started muliplayer game and i was playing 2 days... Each time its starting with Durango..but if moore players enter they changing map ( usually Cobbern, El Paso or Santa Cruz or Farm ) Yesterday was about 16 people ...but at start it was 4 ...than after next 4 enter map was changed into Coobern ...then when it was about 16 players great voting started...for long time without any effect... ( after loong negotiations at least Farm map was agreed... )
I dont know also if lag is not a reason...maybe bigger map is connected with bigger lag, but im not sure... I only remember thats on El Paso to hit someone was miracle for me, when in Durango was easier.
regards
Sebaaa
sebaaa
Drifter

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel