With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Few things (Milkshape models, new map, standalone)

Postby dolny » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:00 pm

Ioquake3 news:

Did you know about? MD4/R Support - December 19, 2006

When we got Elite Force support from Thilo, we also got support for the MDR format used by EF's models. MDR is apparently equivalent to MD4. You can make MDR models in Milkshape.

Thanks to that we will be able to use MDR in the standalone. Nice.

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm looking forward to the standalone, and I was really AMAZED by that new map, don't know the name yet, it's not Coyote Bluff. It's the one with trees, water, tower and a house. GREAT MAP! Truly impressive!
Atmospheric and beautiful.

Is somebody working on a br version of that map? I would love that.

PS. I haven't been here for a long time. Now I bought a new laptop and installed WQ3 on my Linux. I'm happy to see so many new players and got my friends into WQ3 again. It's gonna be a blast. If somebody makes the maps for WQ3 under Linux please let me know - some time ago I had some serious problems with running Radiant + WQ3 textures properly under Linux.

Cheers to everyone - especially the old crew ;)
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:14 pm

Hi dolny! The map you are talking about is LAKE by L3th4l. He made it with inspiration from Lt Frag's original which was included in beta 1.2 but not in later releases. And yes, L3th4l did an outstanding job with his maps. :D
BR mode is already included in Lake but we didn't add it to the server.cfg map list. We needed to experiment with spawn placements & just never got to it in time for 2.2.
Anyway, if you choose to create your own game you will see br_lake in the gui. You could also vote for it on servers. And in case you haven't noticed yet, Train has br mode now too! 8O
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:46 pm

Sorry ;-) ... but we are not strictly using ioq3, so there is no MDR support (yet). Besides, we first would need some models in MDR/MD4 to begin with or at least a potential skeletal model which can be exported to MD4/MDR format.

About mapping in Linux. that should be possible now. hika has worked on q3map2 for WQ3. It should be somewhere in the forum (I think). GTKRadiant itself: I have tried it ages ago, but since I'm not a mapper .... ;-) ...
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby dolny » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:52 pm

As for the MDR support - well, the standalone will be using ioquake3 right? I'm talking about the standalone.
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:59 am

sig11 wrote:we are not strictly using ioq3, so there is no MDR support (yet). Besides, we first would need some models in MDR/MD4 to begin with or at least a potential skeletal model which can be exported to MD4/MDR format.

That says it all. IoQ3 works with wq3, but our SA is different. When you download wq3 in the future, you will need nothing else. If you want MDR support for this, sig11 seems to be giving you a hint. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel