With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

[Fixed in v1.1b2] Renaming problem.

Postby Pardner » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:25 am

I know about the new disallow name feature and as well as only letting the player rename every 1 minute, but this seems to trouble me:

Code: Select all
=SG=Pardner entered the game
]/name NewName
Renaming discarded, =SG=Pardner...
]/name
"name" is:"NewName" default:"UnnamedPlayer"

So I joined a match, and then I tried to rename. Of course it didn't let me because I didn't wait my 1 minute. But as you can see my name vcar was filled with the new name. At first I expected the game to change my name to the new name after 1 minute, but it didn't. After I decided to load another map:
Code: Select all
NewName entered the game

So the game changes the name when I leave a match. I'm guessing that this is checked on the server side? Then once the client leaves the game the new name takes place.

Unfortunately, I don't have a suggestion. It just bothers me that if I forget that I tried to rename in the beginning of the match, then I will have a surprise in the beginning of the next match. (BTW, I am supportive of this new feature, I just feel it needs a little tweaking)

Edited by Tequila: Updated the subject
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:23 am

:)
Yes I agree. torhu also told me about.

Right now, changing name during a game in the forbidden interval will just be discarded by the server. But your client still kept your new name, so at the next map it will propose the new name and you'll be renamed...

The first thing I would do is to set the disallow renaming interval stuff as game cvar so admins can disable it. In fact we really need it in some case: when chat is disabled for dead people, so I'll add this check too.

The second thing, we should maybe add an auto-renaming stuff somewhere.

I opened a ticket for that: Ticket #7
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:33 am

It should be fixed in coming v1.1b2 release, see Ticket #7.
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel