With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

Postby CoolHand » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:27 am

At approximately 9:25pm, in the middle of a deathmatch at the Alamo, got a , server disconnected, signal caught. Which I haven't seen before.
CoolHand
Pistolero

Postby CoolHand » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:52 am

CoolHand wrote:At approximately 9:25pm, in the middle of a deathmatch at the Alamo, got a , server disconnected, signal caught. Which I haven't seen before.

I think the server kicked the bot too, as there is no bot left to play, and it's not letting me join a game without competition :(
CoolHand
Pistolero

Postby Tequila » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:28 pm

Not cool, I confirm I found a crashlog.txt. It seems the dedicated got that crash. Fortunately, I have scripts to restart the server in case it goes down. But I still don't know why it happens. Rane seems to have triggered the same problem playing with dynamite in br_elPaso and maybe in another one playing with molotovs... Was you playing with such weapon ? It seems you killed a bot with such weapon a short time before the crash.
Tequila
SG Team

Postby CoolHand » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:06 pm

Tequila wrote:Not cool, I confirm I found a crashlog.txt. It seems the dedicated got that crash. Fortunately, I have scripts to restart the server in case it goes down. But I still don't know why it happens. Rane seems to have triggered the same problem playing with dynamite in br_elPaso and maybe in another one playing with molotovs... Was you playing with such weapon ? It seems you killed a bot with such weapon a short time before the crash.

I was indeed throwing a stick of dynamite when it happened. I was running the 32bit Linux binary. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I was in the building across from the saloon (the one that has the dynamite in the loft), and throwing the dynamite out the doorway into the open area between the building and saloon (and the bot was running around out in the open area)
CoolHand
Pistolero

Postby Tequila » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:02 pm

Well, I split the post to a new thread as it's more appropriate.

This is critical bug very difficult to reproduce. Is it easy for you to reproduce the bug ? You can try in single player mode I think.

Right now, I think it's related to bot AI...

I just created a related ticket: Ticket #9
Tequila
SG Team

Postby CoolHand » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:30 pm

8:27am EST on public server, I was throwing dynamite around and it happened again. we were in BR mode, I had one human and one bot on my side and we were up against three bots.

I haven't been able to replicate on local play.
CoolHand
Pistolero

Postby Tequila » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:56 pm

Okay, It seems this time that was on BR Santacruz.
Thanks to report coolHand.
We are still trying to reproduce and this is not easy.
Tequila
SG Team

Postby pk67 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:18 am

i got this error also twice today whilst playing offline when i threw dynamite. a error dialog window appeared, i thought i pressed print screen but it didnt capture it.
pk67
Drifter

Postby Tequila » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:01 am

On which maps ? With how many bots ?

About capturing screen shot, I think it only works in game, not in the UI.
Tequila
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:58 pm

If I remember correctly, /screenshot also works in UI. Only drawback is, it creates screenshots in TGA-format.
If the error is a OS one, you might use PrtSc (and save that screenshot to a file aswell).
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby pk67 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:24 pm

it was with 4 other bots on Fort and Hang 'em High playing in Round Teamplay. I just managed to recreate the error on Fort. Although when i just before tried to recreate the error on Hang 'em High it didnt give me the error, could be it was another map.

Here is the error i got on Fort when throwing dynamite:

i noticed that i managed to throw dynamite once without the error at one point. (i then restarted the round as you can see in the log below)

this is what i got when i said yes to the dialog window.

http://paste2.org/p/483730
pk67
Drifter

Postby Tequila » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:34 am

Okay I committed a work-around and updated the related ticket: Bug #9
Now we will only avoid that crash, but Bot AI really need to be re-worked deeply.

To summarize, I was able to easily reproduce the problem with the linux 32 bits build and so I was able to confirm the problem is triggered every time at the same code place.

A new beta release will be provided maybe this evening or tomorrow.
Tequila
SG Team

Postby CoolHand » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:19 am

Tequila wrote:Okay I committed a work-around and updated the related ticket: Bug #9
Now we will only avoid that crash, but Bot AI really need to be re-worked deeply.

To summarize, I was able to easily reproduce the problem with the linux 32 bits build and so I was able to confirm the problem is triggered every time at the same code place.

A new beta release will be provided maybe this evening or tomorrow.

Sweet :)
CoolHand
Pistolero

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel