With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

Input-Error after switching windows (ALT-TAB)

Postby moRtem » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Using 1.1b2 you get the following error-message whenever you ALT-TAB out of Smokin'-Guns and back in:
Com_QueueEvent: overflow

Additionally Mouse-Input within Smokin-Guns ain't working anymore (you ain't able to look to the left or to the right). And outside the game, you ain't able to move mouse at all.

I played with a previous 1.1-version so far, where those problems didn't exist yet.

There's another description of this problem from someone else:
http://bugzilla.icculus.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4334

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby moRtem » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:37 pm

still the same issue with 1.1b3

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby Tequila » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:44 pm

Well, at this moment, ioquake3 bug tracker is down due to a disk failure... but there was some more info on it. Wait for it and check it.

This is definitively an SDL.dll problem... Can you still try to get back to in_mouse 1 instead of -1 and tell us if it's better ?
Tequila
SG Team

Postby moRtem » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:13 pm

Tequila wrote:This is definitively an SDL.dll problem...

that's what i told you already

Can you still try to get back to in_mouse 1 instead of -1 and tell us if it's better ?

in_mouse 1 seems to fix the problem -- i didn't play with in_mouse 1 yet, but i was flying around as spectator for a few seconds and it seems like the feeling is the same as with in_mouse -1 (at least no noticable difference)

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel