With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

high res

Postby ChainLightnin' » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:52 am

A minor detail. In a previous post it was suggested that a setting of seta r_ext_multisample "16" would work in 1.1. It gives an out of range message and re sets to 4. Just wondering what all that is about. Always looking for the best graphics. :D
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby Tequila » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:20 am

:D
Yes, r_ext_multisample cvar is just limited to the range [0;4] in the code. When I dived in the FBO/GLSL code I was wondering why it doesn't support multisample so I looked closely that code part. I saw the limitation doesn't check what the video card can really support.
I think I can enhance the code to check what value the video card can support. Is that an official request ?
;)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby ChainLightnin' » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:46 am

I certainly don't want to cause you more work! What you're doing for the game is great! (If it does make for better graphics, would it be a good idea?) :D :roll:
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby Tequila » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:26 pm

Then I tried to see if something is possible. But actually r_ext_multisample sets SDL multisample configuration and it seems to be limited to 4. I searched a little to understand why, but this is not documented. And I didn't find a safe way to set multisample in another way. Then as I'm still not an OpenGL expert, I won't dive more in such stuff.

Btw did you try to force the anti-aliasing settings with your video card tools ? I know it's possible with nvidia. I tried by myself, and it seems r_ext_multisample set to 4 gives the maximum anti-aliasing... but I can't really confirm it's true as it's difficult to really know what has been set...

So, sorry I won't help more right now, but tell us if you can force the anti-aliasing settings in some way. Eventually disable r_ext_multisample when forcing it.
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby ChainLightnin' » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:43 pm

OK, I'll look at it. And thanks for checking that out! :D
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel