With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

Widescreen in 1.1b2 and b1 not fullscreen on startup (solved

Postby Red_sunset » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:57 am

G'day y'all,

Sorry we have been busy IRW for a while. We did pop in and download the new beta and it's a beaut! 8O It runs great! :) We had a good ol' LAN game and it was the best game ever (seems more responsive and smoother overall), did a few maps, even a Duel and then our server crashed :( . Will have to try again soon and see if it does it again and save the log file.

Ok, a minor problem that I think was in the 1.0 and is still in the new betas. About widescreen....
This only happens on my widescreen monitored computer.

in Beta 1.1b1
When you start the game and the resolution is set to a lesser resolution to your desktop (e.g. desktop is 1440 x 900 and game is set to 1366 x 768), the gamma on the desktop goes up (gets bright) then the game opens in a window, with lots of artifacts around it (really trippy) flashing and you can still see your desktop behind. Tried to capture it but it didn't capture the weirdness unfortunately, just looked like a windowed screen. You can clearly see it was set to go fullscreen but it wasn't playing nice!

Then you can go in the menu and change the resolution to the same as the desktop (1440 x 900) and THEN it goes fullscreen.

From there you can change down resolutions in the game to like 1280 x 800 if you want (and my computer wants - it's old) and it does that fine and stays in fullscreen.
So the problem only seems to be about startup. I understand it could be a problem with the engine though and beyond fixing.

Also, I downloaded the new 1.1b2 and tried it briefly just now. It doesn't seem to have the new widescreen resolution options in the menu, only has 856 x 480 like the original 1.0.? Maybe something got left out of the new B2 release?

Sorry we haven't had a chance to record music for the game but it is on our to do list!
Last edited by Red_sunset on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

I tip my hat to ya
Red_sunset
Drifter

Postby torhu » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:17 am

The fullscreen resolution works fine when I try it. I see the same you thing you do, but then it switches to full screen mode. I have an ATI card. Maybe it depends on the driver?

And I see all the resolutions in the menu, too. You should be able to see all of them, even the ones you system doesn't support.

If you're using beta 1, you could try beta 2, but I don't remember if anything related to this was changed.

And I suppose Tequila would appreciate a log of the server crash. ;)
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby ChainLightnin' » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:21 am

I have the beta 2 on both a Windows XP and Vista Home prem.64 machines. They both gamma up when starting, but then full screen just fine. All the wide screen resolutions are in the system graphics menu too. I did have to download the latest vid. card drivers for the older ATI machine, but not the newer Nvidia. :)
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby Tequila » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:01 pm

I guess too your problem is driver related.

About your server crash, yes I would like to see your crashlog.txt file you should find in your home folder.

About your case to not seeing widescreen resolutions, I guess you was connected to a 1.0 pure server so the engine didn't load sg_pak1.pk3 which contains the new menus. But you should see them again when not connected to a 1.0 public server.
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Red_sunset » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:27 pm

Thanks for the responses guys! Wow I'm a tester now. Thank you :!:

I'll download the new video driver on my widescreen client computer and see if that fixes it, check the b2 installation too and let you know.

About the server crash, I did save the log. The system is only using onboard sound, maybe that could have caused the crash?

System is > 4 years old now.
    NVIDIA nForce3 motherboard
    socket 939 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
    NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT (AGP 128mb DDR2)
    Onboard Realtek AC97 Audio' (looks like that's the weakest link?)
    RAM: 2Gb DDR

Server crashed and I got a window:
"Recursive error after: VM_Free(qagame) on running vm. Copy console log to clipboard? Yes/No"

I did save it! and here it is:

Smokin' Guns 1.1 win_msvc-x86 Oct 18 2009
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Documents and Settings\busybee\Application Data\Smokin' Guns/smokinguns
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\sg_textures0.pk3 (1018 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\sg_sounds.pk3 (278 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\sg_pak1.pk3 (15 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\sg_pak0.pk3 (803 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\sg_maps1.pk3 (21 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\sg_maps0.pk3 (161 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\joekarimat1.pk3 (178 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\alamo1.pk3 (14 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns/smokinguns
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\baseq3\pak0.pk3 (107 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns/baseq3

----------------------
2595 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
com_zoneMegs will be changed upon restarting.
execing q3config.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
----- Client Initialization -----
Couldn't read q3history.
----- Initializing Renderer ----
-------------------------------
Smokin' Guns checks on
QKEY found.
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
SDL using driver "directx"
Initializing OpenGL display
Estimated display aspect: 1.333
...setting mode 6: 1024 768
Using 8/8/8 Color bits, 24 depth, 0 stencil display.
Available modes: '1280x1024 320x240 400x300 480x360 512x384 640x480 640x480 800x600 800x600 1024x768 1152x864 1280x960 720x576 720x480 320x200 640x400 960x600 1280x800 1280x768 848x480 1088x612 1280x720'
GL_RENDERER: GeForce 6600 GT/AGP/SSE2/3DNOW!
Initializing OpenGL extensions
...using GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
...using GL_EXT_texture_env_add
...using GL_ARB_multitexture
...using GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
...ignoring GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic

GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
GL_VERSION: 2.1.1
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fence GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_pixel_data_range GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_register_combiners2 GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_expand_normal GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texture_shader GL_NV_texture_shader2 GL_NV_texture_shader3 GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_NVX_conditional_render GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 4096
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS_ARB: 4

PIXELFORMAT: color(24-bits) Z(24-bit) stencil(0-bits)
MODE: 6, 1024 x 768 fullscreen hz:N/A
GAMMA: hardware w/ 0 overbright bits
rendering primitives: single glDrawElements
texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST
picmip: 1
texture bits: 0
multitexture: enabled
compiled vertex arrays: enabled
texenv add: enabled
compressed textures: enabled
Initializing Shaders
----- finished R_Init -----
------ Initializing Sound ------
Allocated 96 sources.
OpenAL default capture device is 'WaveIn on Realtek AC97 Audio'
OpenAL capture device opened.
OpenAL info:
Vendor: OpenAL Community
Version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.6.372
Renderer: OpenAL Soft
AL Extensions: AL_EXTX_buffer_sub_data AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE AL_EXT_FLOAT32 AL_EXT_IMA4 AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_LOKI_quadriphonic
ALC Extensions: ALC_ENUMERATE_ALL_EXT ALC_ENUMERATION_EXT ALC_EXT_CAPTURE ALC_EXT_EFX
Device: DirectSound Software
Available Devices:
DirectSound Software
Wave File Writer
Sound initialization successful.
--------------------------------
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm...
...which has vmMagic VM_MAGIC_VER2
Loading 1124 jump table targets
VM file ui compiled to 682624 bytes of code
ui loaded in 2449088 bytes on the hunk
UI version: Smokin' Guns 1.1b1, 20091019, 00:16:07
Parsing menu file:ui/main.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/joinserver.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/skirmish.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/createserver.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/demo.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/connect.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/quitcredit.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/settings.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/settings_controls.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/settings_system.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/settings_options.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/settings_player.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/settings_default.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_password.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_findplayer.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_serverinfo.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_createfavorite.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_specify.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_multiplayer.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_quit.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_error.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_vid_restart.menu
UI menu load time = 917 milli seconds
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_vote.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_about.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_controls.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_join.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_joinred.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_joinblue.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_options.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_system.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_leave.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_player.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_bots.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_callvote.menu
UI menu load time = 114 milli seconds
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_female1/icon_blue
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_female1/icon_red
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_male1/icon_blue
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_male1/icon_red
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_male2/icon_blue
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_male2/icon_red
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_male3/icon_blue
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_male3/icon_red
8 bots parsed
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Winsock Initialized
Hostname: BUSYBEE
IP: 192.168.123.146
Opening IP6 socket: [::]:27960
WARNING: NET_IP6Socket: socket: WSAEAFNOSUPPORT
WARNING: Couldn't bind to a v6 ip address.
Opening IP socket: 0.0.0.0:27960
30 arenas parsed
Can't read sound file sound/misc/loop_electricity_05.wav
------ Server Initialization ------
Server: br_Mexico
RE_Shutdown( 0 )
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
----- R_Init -----

GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fence GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_pixel_data_range GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_register_combiners2 GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_expand_normal GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texture_shader GL_NV_texture_shader2 GL_NV_texture_shader3 GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_NVX_conditional_render GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control

Initializing Shaders
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Documents and Settings\busybee\Application Data\Smokin' Guns/smokinguns
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\sg_textures0.pk3 (1018 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\sg_sounds.pk3 (278 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\sg_pak1.pk3 (15 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\sg_pak0.pk3 (803 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\sg_maps1.pk3 (21 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\sg_maps0.pk3 (161 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\joekarimat1.pk3 (178 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\alamo1.pk3 (14 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns/smokinguns
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns\baseq3\pak0.pk3 (107 files)
F:\Games\Smokin' Guns/baseq3

----------------------
5190 files in pk3 files
Loading vm file vm/qagame.qvm...
Loading 1204 jump table targets
VM file qagame compiled to 1532151 bytes of code
qagame loaded in 4987008 bytes on the hunk
QAgame version: Smokin' Guns 1.1b1, 20091019, 00:16:06
------- Game Initialization -------
gamename: smokinguns
gamedate: Oct 19 2009
Server: Loading tex-file... maps/br_Mexico.tex
AiNode-File: maps/br_Mexico.ai:
40 nodes parsed
Gametype changed, clearing session data.
2 team-startpoints parsed
0 teams with 0 entities
17 items registered
-----------------------------------
------- BotLib Initialization -------
loaded weapons.c
loaded items.c
loaded syn.c
loaded rnd.c
loaded match.c
------------ Map Loading ------------
trying to load maps/br_Mexico.aas
loaded maps/br_Mexico.aas
found 2 level items
-------------------------------------
8 bots parsed
^1file not found: scripts/arenas.txt
0 arenas parsed
AAS initialized.
-----------------------------------
loaded skill 1 from bots/default_c.c
loaded skill 1 from bots/male1_c.c
loaded skill 4 from bots/default_c.c
loaded skill 4 from bots/male1_c.c
loaded bots/male1_i.c
loaded bots/male1_w.c
loaded Clint from bots/male1_t.c
loaded cached skill 2.000000 from bots/male1_c.c
RE_Shutdown( 0 )
----- R_Init -----

Initializing Shaders
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm...
Loading 1124 jump table targets
VM file ui compiled to 682624 bytes of code
ui loaded in 2449088 bytes on the hunk
UI version: Smokin' Guns 1.1b1, 20091019, 00:16:07
Parsing menu file:ui/main.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/joinserver.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/skirmish.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/createserver.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/demo.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/connect.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/quitcredit.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/settings.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/settings_controls.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/settings_system.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/settings_options.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/settings_player.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/settings_default.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_password.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_findplayer.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_serverinfo.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_createfavorite.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_specify.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_multiplayer.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_quit.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_error.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/pop_vid_restart.menu
UI menu load time = 602 milli seconds
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_vote.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_about.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_controls.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_join.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_joinred.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_joinblue.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_options.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_system.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_leave.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_player.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_bots.menu
Parsing menu file:ui/ingame_callvote.menu
UI menu load time = 83 milli seconds
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_female1/icon_blue
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_female1/icon_red
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_male1/icon_blue
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_male1/icon_red
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_male2/icon_blue
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_male2/icon_red
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_male3/icon_blue
Registering SG model: models/wq3_players/wq_male3/icon_red
8 bots parsed
No filter loaded.
Loading vm file vm/cgame.qvm...
Loading 1466 jump table targets
VM file cgame compiled to 1403293 bytes of code
cgame loaded in 4914240 bytes on the hunk
Cgame version: Smokin' Guns 1.1b1, 20091019, 00:16:06
^7Client: Loading tex-file... maps/br_Mexico.tex
stitched 32 LoD cracks
...loaded 3930 faces, 102 meshes, 0 trisurfs, 0 flares
UI menu load time = 46 milli seconds
CL_InitCGame: 6.55 seconds
1 msec to draw all images
Com_TouchMemory: 0 msec
Round 1
Oakley^7 killed Sentenza^7 with Remington58.
Jane^7 killed Oakley^7 with Remington58.
Clint^7 killed Jane^7 with Remington58.
Client 0 connecting with 0 challenge ping
Trinity^7 connected
Round 2
Clint^7 killed Sentenza^7 with Sawed Off Shotgun.
Oakley^7 killed Jane^7 with Remington58.
Round 3
Sentenza^7 killed Clint^7 with Sawed Off Shotgun.
Trinity^7 killed Oakley^7 with Colt Lightning.
^2You hit ^7Trinity^7^2's shoulder.
^2You hit ^7Trinity^7^2's leg.
^2You hit ^7Trinity^7^2's arm.
^2You hit ^7Trinity^7^2's chest.
^1Your leg is hit.
^2You hit ^7Trinity^7^2's arm.
Booty^7 killed Trinity^7 with Remington58.
^1Your leg is hit.
Sentenza^7 killed Booty^7 with Sawed Off Shotgun.
Round 4
^2You hit ^7Clint^7^2's back.
Trinity^7 killed Oakley^7 with Winchester 1897.
Sentenza^7 killed Clint^7 with Winchester 1897.
^2You hit ^7Trinity^7^2's hand.
----- CL_Shutdown -----
OpenAL capture device closed.
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
----- Server Shutdown (Signal caught) -----
==== ShutdownGame ====
AAS shutdown.
----- Server Shutdown (Server fatal crashed: VM_Free(qagame) on running vm) -----
==== ShutdownGame ====

I tip my hat to ya
Red_sunset
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Code: Select all
Sentenza^7 killed Clint^7 with Winchester 1897.
^2You hit ^7Trinity^7^2's hand.
----- CL_Shutdown -----
OpenAL capture device closed.
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
----- Server Shutdown (Signal caught) -----
==== ShutdownGame ====
AAS shutdown.
----- Server Shutdown (Server fatal crashed: VM_Free(qagame) on running vm) -----
==== ShutdownGame ====

hmmm... looks like one of the last things the server did was have a bot kill a bot. Maybe this is releated to the bot server crash:
viewtopic.php?t=1941
you did get the same error they got (Server fatal crashed: VM_Free(qagame) on running vm).

Tequila?

Pardner
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Hold on a second, that's the server log? You're supposed to run a dedicated server! :wink:
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Tequila » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:31 pm

Pardner is right.

When I read your log I see:
Code: Select all
QAgame version: Smokin' Guns 1.1b1, 20091019, 00:16:06

As tester you should know SG 1.1b2 is the current tested engine :P and that last fixes a bug in botlib involving a server crash...

So please update to the latest beta release... also you may wait a little I'm fixing a little problem with the current 1.1 branch and the 1.1b3 will be release ;)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Red_sunset » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:41 am

Thanks for the responses!

Re: Server Crash (solved)
:oops: Sorry to bother you guys with old news, we played that game in October that crashed. Great to know you've probably fixed the bug. We'll test the new B2 again soon.

Mr Random, do we need a dedicated server? :? Just using it as a server for the two computers in home network to play with bots. We call votes to change maps each map (only boring bit :roll: ) When we get a third computer we could do dedicated. Next upgrade - can't wait.

Problem with menus not showing widescreen (solved)
Thanks Torhu, it was my bad. Don't know how that happened, must have installed something wrongly but it's all fixed now. All the new menus show up nicely now. :)

Not going widescreen (solved)
You were right Tequila and Chainlightnin' it was to do with my video card. I tried all the widescreen resolutions in the game and lo and behold, it won't go widescreen on these resolutions: 856 x 480 and 1366 x 768 :x

Those are standard resolutions as listed here Wikipedia list of Standard Resolutions just my card doesn't do 'em! It does similar 848 x 480 and 1360 x 768. Who thunk that up?! It's an AGP ATI HD Radeon 3650. Upgraded the drivers and it still does the same thing. That's okay I just won't play on those resos. I'd just never seen that happen before 8O

8)

I tip my hat to ya
Red_sunset
Drifter

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel