With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

Postby Sucalakafufu » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:04 am

moRtem wrote:since i have never seen more than 3 human players at the same time playing on 1.1b until now, i guess noone can do a real judgment about proposed changes already

we need more players on the server to make up a real conclusion

/quit

ive been on 1.1 servers with as many as 10 or more players so far :D
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Joe Kari » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:30 am

I suggest to decrease range for shotgun. Something like 400 for sawed off, 500 for remington and maybe keep 600 for winchester, or maybe decrease it to 550...
Everything else is good to me ;)

EDIT:
Finally, I think we should increase the winchester shotgun damage by 25%.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:07 am

i agree with increasing the winchester shotgun damage. :)
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby mLy! » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:40 pm

Decreasing range on shotgun makes no sense.
They allready are short distance weapons.
Now they do a little damage on long range if you aim well or get lucky, with lower range you wouldn't even have to bother to shoot :/

Remington and sawed off are just fine in 1.0.
If anything then the price needs a little increase. like 26 and 30.

And for the winchester damage increase, I was thinking >= 33%

Joe Kari wrote:I suggest to decrease range for shotgun. Something like 400 for sawed off, 500 for remington and maybe keep 600 for winchester, or maybe decrease it to 550...
Everything else is good to me ;)

EDIT:
Finally, I think we should increase the winchester shotgun damage by 25%.
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby Joe Kari » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:56 pm

That's a fact that a bullet travel farther than a pellet ;)
Of course, there is no reason to use a sawed off shotgun at long range, that what make no sense ;)
However, with the spread of the sawed off shotgun, there is already few little chance to deal damage farther than this range. It only prevent from lucky shotgun headshot at long range.

What you said sounds like shotgun are useless 0_o
Man, at close range you can kill in one shot anybody! Even boiler-plated guys.
If your ennemy is too far away, swap to your pistol.

For the winchester shotgun, we should take in consideration that this is much more valuable to aim for the head, while it's more valuable to aim for the torso with other shotgun. So we should not increase its damage too much. And this weapon is a good "fixer" (it prevent your target from moving away). Another advantage: it is very fast to reload it. In deathmatch, this is my favorite weapon when there are many people.
Of course, it needs testing to find the correct value.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby moRtem » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:29 pm

Joe Kari wrote:However, with the spread of the sawed off shotgun, there is already few little chance to deal damage farther than this range. It only prevent from lucky shotgun headshot at long range.

SawedOff feels like a real shotgun, while Remington Gauge does heavy damage on mid-distance most of the time (due to very little spread i suppose). With secondary Remington-Gauge-Fire, you are often able to kill players with full boiler and health on quite a distance (even players who seriously lack aim).

I don't really know if it would be smart to modify the effectivity of Remington-Gauge, since at the same time it needs quite a while to reload, and aswell it takes a while when you switch to that weapon, while at the same time everyone is able to hear the "click click" which should warn you about a remington-user approaching.

Probably highering spread a little for secondary-fire would make those "sniper-shotgun-shots" appear less frequently, while not taking away a lot of power. Or really reducing range a bit. I don't know.

To summarize: I feel Remington Gauge is OK mostly, but often when i get killed, or kill someone with Gauge on mid/far distance, it feels very wrong.

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby mLy! » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:33 pm

Joe Kari: Yes obviously the shotguns are good at short range, I know that.
What I meant was that mid range they can sometimes also be good. Like mortem said about the remington 'sniper shotgun'.

I know this might be a bit unrealistic or not even the intention of the makers of the game, but I really like this remington mid range damage. Why, because the gun has so many disadvantages, like mortem said: Very slow reload or loading, makes noise when (re)loading etc.

So I think the remington is a powerfull but BALANCED weapon. And your proposition to lower range might make it less good in this mid range area and might UNBALANCE the weapon.

My suggestion is to increase the price a bit because of the short and (if good aim) mid range damage this weapon does. But not change the balance of the weapon.
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby Joe Kari » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

@ mLy:
500 game unit is more or less mid-range, so you will not experience too much change at mid-range ;)
And even at long range, this change is subtle.

As a side note, in beta version, my experimental new shotgun pattern is enable, so there is a little benefit to aim with shotgun. The spread is now round and radial-homogenous (it was square and non-radial before). The average spread is the same than before.
There is less randomness in this spread pattern. Lucky and unlucky shot should be less present now.
Try to shoot against a wall to see the difference...
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby moRtem » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Joe Kari wrote:As a side note, in beta version, my experimental new shotgun pattern is enable, so there is a little benefit to aim with shotgun. The spread is now round and radial-homogenous (it was square and non-radial before). The average spread is the same than before.
There is less randomness in this spread pattern. Lucky and unlucky shot should be less present now.
Try to shoot against a wall to see the difference...

sounds good

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby kaiyouw » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:20 pm

Yeah, I totally agree with the pistols accuracy, specially Peacemakers...
Maybe the accuracy could be reduced a little, cause sometimes peacemakers are better than the sniper rifle to use at long range, what makes no sense.

Another issue, the Sawedoff realoads too fast, shotguns are really strong weapons at close range so I guess the realoading time should be increased a little (Sawedoff mostly, not so much remington and winchester.)

The Dinamite fuse is ok, I guess the big problem is the amount of them we can carry. 10 is too much, maybe it could be better if we could only carry 4 or 5 of them.

The molotovs are too weak, in the other hand. Nobody uses them because in a normal game its too hard to kill someone using molotov.

The rifles are also not used so much, because the pistols works fine at long range, and they dont take much damage. All that should be corrected.

Gatling is fine, and the sniper rifle could be a little stronger. Those are the changes I would made, when it comes to the weapons. =]
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby Zivotinja » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:46 pm

Why do you want to ruin the shotguns? why do that? in every single FPS game shotguns are nerfed
i say buff them,add more power and range to them
i am so tired of all nerfed shotguns
Zivotinja
Newcomer

Postby Joe Kari » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:20 am

Where have you seen that the shotgun will be ruined ?
Please read carefully ;)
Joe Kari
SG Team

Previous

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel