With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

A few issues

Postby =Chico= » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:14 pm

I already spoke with Red but none of the ladders seem to be working on Santa Fe Express.

Also I really like the cartoon effects but they make the game unplayable on some maps. The dark areas are just too dark Here are some examples from Coyote bluff. You can see in one shot I am trying to look down at the Railroad tracks that pass through the tunnel below but can't see them at all. Steam boat is likewise nearly unplayable in Cartoon mode. I wonder if there are extensions that can be tweaked to compensate the Black areas to lighten them up.

[thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/289_shot0000_1.jpg][timg]289_shot0000_1.jpg[/timg][/thumb]
[thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/289_shot0001_1.jpg][timg]289_shot0001_1.jpg[/timg][/thumb]
[thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/289_shot0002_1.jpg][timg]289_shot0002_1.jpg[/timg][/thumb]
[thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/289_shot0003_1.jpg][timg]289_shot0003_1.jpg[/timg][/thumb]
=Chico=
Smokin' Amigo!

Re: A few issues

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:37 pm

=Chico= wrote:I already spoke with Red but none of the ladders seem to be working on Santa Fe Express.

The br version is fine. Only the dm version is affected. I'll work on this today & try to get it fixed. :oops:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:02 pm

Well I don't have a clue as to what happened. I just recompiled the map using the same switches as before & everything works fine now. I didn't change a thing to the map file either. Strange.

Anyway, we will make the recompiled version of dm_train available sometime today.

(Somewhere, L3th4l is laughing & shaking his head.)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby torhu » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:36 pm

If you used the vanilla q3map2, the ladders wouldn't work. But I guess you didn't. :P
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby =Chico= » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:49 pm

Also - I am using a Geforce 7800 GS vid card and just updated the drivers. This had no effect for fixing anything while running in the Cartoon mode. I think maybe my card just might be getting to old and may not be rendering properly for the effect. I am curious to know if anyone with a more modern video card is having any problems with the black areas in Cartoon mode.
=Chico=
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby moRtem » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:51 pm

=Chico= wrote:I am curious to know if anyone with a more modern video card is having any problems with the black areas in Cartoon mode.

Yes, .. me does

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:22 pm

torhu wrote:If you used the vanilla q3map2, the ladders wouldn't work. But I guess you didn't. :P

Of course not. Give me at least some credit! :lol:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:50 pm

When I tried to check out the rotoscope, that menu is in grey (or unavailable). Gforce 9500 gs. Am I forgetting something profound?
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby =Chico= » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Chain- You must make sure your turn the Framebuffer option on at the top of the menu. When you do that the other items will turn white and useable.
=Chico=
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:34 am

Thanks Chico! I notice that depth edge has to be on too (of course) or the frame buffer defaults back to "no". I see what you mean about the dark areas. super contrast.
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby Tequila » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:45 am

He he, ChainLightnin', you should disable Anti-aliasing to use other rotoscope effect as it is not supported with FBO and the engine just disable the framebuffer in that case. Having depth edge rotoscope effect working with multisample is just a hazard... you should see btw you don't have anti-aliasing in rotoscope mode.

I think I should modify the engine to just disable Multisampe anti-aliasing when FrameBuffer is enabled...
Tequila
SG Team

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:43 am

Doh! OK, that makes a big difference! Thanks! :roll: :D
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:50 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Anyway, we will make the recompiled version of dm_train available sometime today.

Scratch that. Tequila plans a new beta test pack next weekend I think. We decided to just wait & include the fixed files at that time.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Re: A few issues

Postby Tequila » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:39 am

=Chico= wrote:Also I really like the cartoon effects but they make the game unplayable on some maps. The dark areas are just too dark Here are some examples from Coyote bluff. You can see in one shot I am trying to look down at the Railroad tracks that pass through the tunnel below but can't see them at all. Steam boat is likewise nearly unplayable in Cartoon mode. I wonder if there are extensions that can be tweaked to compensate the Black areas to lighten them up.

Did you try to grow brightness in the "Other" panel ? You should be able to see some dark brown.
Tequila
SG Team

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel