With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

Last Used Weapon bug. Eww.

Postby Nixito » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:25 am

This bug has driven me nuts since I started in SG, and I was hoping in 1.1 it'd be fixed... but this bug involves molotovs, and as far as I know I'm one of the few people who habitually uses molotovs, so it probably slipped under the radar. But whatever.

Basically with this bug, when you have dynamite out and you have molotovs set as your last used weapon, if you hit the button to light the molotov before the weapon switching animation finishes playing, it has to stop and do the dynamite-lighting animation, and THEN it switches to the molotov. Very annoying thing. That good second or so delay has gotten me killed more times than I care to admit. :cry: I would love to see it fixed, and it would probably create a good 12% more dangerous Nixito! Isn't that what everybody wants?!

But seriously. Fix it.

If you care to see an in-game demo of it, I put it here...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3GEAV26G

Sorry that I don't have fraps or anything like that, but hopefully that'll give you a general idea of what it looks like, and how annoying it is.
Nixito
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:15 am

For anyone too lazy to grab the demo, I did you a favor.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YRMyV-r2_Ck&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YRMyV-r2_Ck&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:22 am

Nixito wrote:it would probably create a good 12% more dangerous Nixito! Isn't that what everybody wants?!

nah... i thought everyone likes Nixito dead :D
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Nixito » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:23 am

Thanks Red! Now we're one step closer to having an awesome SG, with an awesome Nixito with awesome dyn/tov action!
Nixito
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:42 am

I've run into this bug as well.... just never thought to document it or mention it.

Pardner
SG Team

Re: Last Used Weapon bug. Eww.

Postby moRtem » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:01 pm

Nixito wrote:Basically with this bug, when you have dynamite out and you have molotovs set as your last used weapon,

just for the note - this also happens when you switch from Dynamite to colts (or w/e else)

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel