With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

Would you like Smokin'Guns to come with a CTF-like gametype in a future release ?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:26 am

Yes, please, please, please
38%
Yes, it could be fun
46%
No, don't loose your time
8%
I really don't know
8%

Total votes : 26

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:02 pm

It's true that spending a lot of time in spectator mode can be frustrating for some players. Personally, it doesn't bother me but I know some people hate it. I don't see the harm in adding some new objective based gametype that allows players to continually respawn. Or maybe even an alternate version of BR that keeps players in the game? It's going to be nearly impossible to come up with an idea that has never been done before. What about the "bags" idea stated in the first post? That's been done before too in Kingpin: Life of Crime. But it was a very popular mode in that game & a lot of fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Lf0zuc3u4

Btw, aren't deathmatch & team deathmatch also in every other game? :P

There are purists & nonpurists in every game commmunity. Not everyone can agree on everything you know. But let's try to keep the discussion open & maintain some respect for each other.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby dowoshek » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:21 pm

iap, I like the idea too, although there's a big chance that many players would gain advantage by... camping, as there'd be no point to rush around, just sit and wait and "losers" will come ;) Maybe with some kind of anti-camp system...

@Joe: I'm not "dramatically concerned manager" ;) I simply like and care about this game... yup, I really do 8) In fact, i think, I'm a bit addicted, damn :lol: And I'd be glad to have possibility to play every mode with many players whenever I want, including Duel :wink: So I try to suggest some things that could help both improve gameplay and fill server with happy players :) And there's no better way than the one I described in last post. So, it's purely idealistic motivation as you see ;)

So, please, if you really think that my suggestions are wrong in some point and/or you have any good idea to give us more fun and attract more people... just say it... But your aim is different: you want to create "original" game and that's completely fine with me. The problem is that, if my suggestion will work not only I'll be happy but also you'll get many profits... and your way of thinking would give us only some extraordinary modes for 3 dozens of players. I could only cite and sign myself under the previous post of iap:
iap wrote:About attracting new players. Well as a new player, I fell in love with this game and droped all other FPS I knew (nexuis, cube2). But thats me, the things I like the most in this game, are exactly the things other would not... 8)

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:It's going to be nearly impossible to come up with an idea that has never been done before. What about the "bags" idea stated in the first post? That's been done before too in Kingpin: Life of Crime. But it was a very popular mode in that game & a lot of fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Lf0zuc3u4

Yes, that's another reason we shouldn't care about "originality" so much. An wait... I didn't know there was something similar before. It's great that you say that it was very popular and fun... less risk of disappointment after lot of work by dev-team... so what are you waitin' for The Team? :wink:
:lol: Yeah, I know easy to say :)
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby iap » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Oh, not the camping argument again. We've agreed already that "camping" is part of the strategic game planing of this game. Exagurating this strategy is bad, of course, but it's like this in every game type.

Hiding and lurking is a very important part of this game for me. Camping, as in finding one spot that is superior on the map and sitting there is just poor game play, of poor player.
Lets not make this an argument for a game type, don't you agree?
iap
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:39 pm

Ok, a CTF mode is causing too much heated debate among the dev team so CTF is not going to happen in order to keep the peace. We should probably focus discussion on a variation of BR.... like the multiple bags thingy. I suppose Jail Break isn't off the list yet either although it does force some players into a non active role at times. For now, I prefer a gametype idea that keeps the action flowing for all.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby hellraiser » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:52 pm

oh yes, maybe using a scalp on a pike , instead of a flag? (CTF mode)

..ever spoken about a defend the fort mode

attackers: conquer the fort

defenders: kill all enemies before timelimit hits out

just raw ideas.. :wink:

EDIT: INDEED THIS GAME A-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y NEEDS A CTF MODE, WHATEVER WILL BE ITS FEATURES/IT WILL BE CALLED
it may also be a good remedy for the individualist structure of the game.

PLEASE!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Re: New mode request: Steal The Bags (and about modes genera

Postby Bart202 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:47 am

I would vote for 1 ;) Can't vote in any way
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Re: New mode request: Steal The Bags (and about modes genera

Postby SERBIA » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Hey I don't know if this topic is alive now, but i would like to share my idea. :)

I really like CTF mode cause it is really fun and i would really like to see it in SG. NOW WHY WE NEED 5 OR MORE BAGS??? ONE IS ENOUGH! PLAYER WHO SUCSEED TO STEAL BAG AND GET IT TO HIS TEAM'S BASE WILL BE REWARDED WITH AN AMOUNT OF MONEY AND HE WILL GET 1 POINT FOR 1 STEALED BAG. TEAM TAKE TOTAL OF ALL POINTS OF ALL PLAYERS!!! THIS ISN'T ANYTHING SPECIAL, IT IS CLASSICAL CTF.

It is simple and fun and it doesn't take too much complicate to made it.
SERBIA
Newcomer

Previous

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel