This time I'd like to put few words about THE GAME - and I mean game as a set of rules and not some fancy cool graphical stuff or super-duper engine features
Just the thing that makes fun.
So... we have traditional DM and TDM for frags collectors (I personally find these "no aim" games a bit boring in every FPS) and BR for objective lovers. There's also Dual, but is anybody really interested in this mode...? IMHO, truly speaking, it is an already dead part of SG and could be completely removed as well.
And my question is: where the hell my beloved CTF gone?
Why couldn't we play something like BR mode with permanent respawns? Why couldn't we get some continuous action and fun without waiting for minutes for few campers to finish the round?
So... let's get to the point: I wonder how many of you guys would like to see this kind of action in SG and what are your suggestions and opinions about it. Let's discuss it and give as much comments as we can, so the dev-team could clearly see that "WE WANT CTF-like ACTION!"
My proposition: STB mode (for Steal The Bags).
I'll point only main differences from the traditional CTF.
1. Each team starts with 5 bags in their base.
2. One player can steal and carry one bag at once.
3. Any number of bags can be stolen at once - I mean: if a good team will cooperate and successfully invade opponents base, 5 of them could get 5 bags and escape.
4. The game is finished if one of the team will have all bags in their base OR the timelimit is reached OR the limit of robberies by one team will be reached.
5. As a result of point 4: what matters is the current number of our bags in the base and (as in traditional CTF) the number of robberies we made. In scoreboard it could be simply visualized as graphical bags (current state in base) and number (how many times we brought a new bag).
6. Players can steal bags only from their opponent's base.
7. If player carrying a bag will be killed, the bag will be left on the ground OR automatically returned to the previous base (possibly choice for server admin).
8. Team will get no point (to number of robberies) for returning the bag that was stolen from their base (so the engine must remember what was the last base every bag was in last time - bags could be colorized appropriately after placing in new base).
I hope I didn't forget mentioning sth
So... this way we have not only continuous gameplay without boring minutes of waiting but also there should be no more "already won" matches (10-1, 8-2, etc) when one good team smashes the other poor one - because when a very good team will cope a very poor one the match will be probably finished very soon when the good team will have all the bags in their base (no more pointless waiting to reach 10-0).
And, BTW, imagine a new player in BR mode that is playing for the poor team against the very good one... yup, he is NOT PLAYING - HE IS WAITING AND WATCHING ALL THE TIME UNTIL 10-0!
In STB there's no such situation: no waiting at all (permanent respawn) and no irritation with pointless matches. Totally newbie-friendly mode!
Hmm... enough said from me - I hope there're more guys thinking my way Tequila's edition: Added a poll