With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: Tequila, torhu

Postby Tequila » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:55 pm

:wink:
What you want will only be used by experimented users. Please, think about 2 things ! 1. Newcomers must be able kick someone and trust the way it is done.
2. The callvote string must be understood by everyone and this won't be the case if you "callvote clientkick 5"
User avatar
Tequila
SG Team
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Montpellier, France



Postby dowoshek » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:11 pm

Tequila wrote::wink:
What you want will only be used by experimented users. Please, think about 2 things ! 1. Newcomers must be able kick someone and trust the way it is done.
2. The callvote string must be understood by everyone and this won't be the case if you "callvote clientkick 5"

I guess you meant "experienced" users ;)
Yes, exactly. Newbies could use menu option. And believe me: "/kick #id" with ID column clearly visible and described in scoreboard would be much more newbies-friendly. This way it works for example in Cube-engine games and it works well there.
User avatar
dowoshek
Gunslinger
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 12:29 pm
Location: Poland



Postby Tequila » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:45 pm

dowoshek wrote:
Tequila wrote::wink:
What you want will only be used by experimented users. Please, think about 2 things ! 1. Newcomers must be able kick someone and trust the way it is done.
2. The callvote string must be understood by everyone and this won't be the case if you "callvote clientkick 5"

I guess you meant "experienced" users ;)
Yes, exactly. Newbies could use menu option. And believe me: "/kick #id" with ID column clearly visible and described in scoreboard would be much more newbies-friendly. This way it works for example in Cube-engine games and it works well there.

He he, you guessed right.
I agree a kick feature on the scoreboard could be nice. Remember to put a feature request after the final 1.1 release so we can give it a try for v1.2 ;)
For now, with still lot of stuff to do for the final release, a working kick callvote is widely sufficient.

I still thank moRtem, /dev/random and dowoshek for the efficient help ;)
User avatar
Tequila
SG Team
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Montpellier, France



Postby moRtem » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:14 pm

Tequila wrote:For now, with still lot of stuff to do for the final release, a working kick callvote is widely sufficient


No doubt about that.


/quit
User avatar
moRtem
Gunslinger
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:56 pm



Previous

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel