With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

br_train gatling bug

Postby Lucky Luke » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi!

I just want to report quickly, about funny Gatling bug in the br-Train.
I guess you know it already... but, if not:

using the Gatling in the station, make the station following the train!!!! :D

But it's not a good way, not to miss the train, because, it's impossible to move...

Ciao
Lucky Luke
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks for the report. I think a "weapon_nodrop" brush near the end of the map might correct this. I'll test it tonight. Stands to reason this bug would be present in the dm version as well.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:26 am

So far, I can't reproduce the bug. When I deploy a gat on the station my body is "pushed" along with the train. I die when I reach the end of the staion. In addition, the station comes back around as usual, after a minute or two.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:50 am

I get a different result. I set up the gatling gun, I get pushed accross the station, then I don't die. Instead, I float along side the train with the gatling gun. Other times I die like Red said.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Lucky Luke » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:56 am

:D

Well, i made it only one time. i had deployed the gat at the left side of the station (to baste the train) ... i think it was near a pillar, so that it may be the pillar, that cause me staying with the station...

I will try it one more time.
Lucky Luke
Pistolero

Postby Lucky Luke » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi!

Yep, i reproduced it.

It works like you say in 1.0 (not beta), in DM (i couldn't reproduce it).

But i made it, with the beta, in BR. The station is following the train, and it's impossible to move, or to store the gat...the only thing it can be done, is to fire with the gat... (i hope you understand what i'm saying, and that it's not too hard to see for your eyes (i mean my english) :D)
Lucky Luke
Pistolero

Postby Pardner » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:40 pm

I think this bug falls under the SourceForge tickets #11 and #12

EDIT: happy birthday to Pardner!! I'm 1000 posts old!
Last edited by Pardner on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Lucky Luke » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:52 pm

yep, it seem to be

I'm disappointed. Yet, no more possible to call it "Lucky Luke's bug"...
Lucky Luke
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:10 am

I guess there won't be a mapping fix for the odd "gatling on station" behavior. Gatlings use to work on the station in the WQ3 days but I guess some gatling bug fixes in the code did something to affect it? My guess is that players who try using a gat on the station will quickly learn that it's a waste of money & not do it again.

But there is some good news for both versions of Train. I added a vertical "NODROP" brush at the end of the map that removes any gatlings that might be left on the station. I also added invisible "NOIMPACT" brushes to protect the cliffs from animation breaks by thrown knives. As a bonus, this also protects frame rates when someone shoots at the cliffs.
I hope L3th4l doesn't mind that I did some more "invisible" tinkering on Train. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel