With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

Lago + 1.1b4 on Linux

Postby Biondo » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:07 pm

Nice work Pardner! Nice map and nice promo. I particularly like underground tunnels.
Just one question, I cannot climb any ladder in the map, is something wrong in my install/configuration or what?

Topic split by Pardner from viewtopic.php?t=2204&highlight=
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Re: *New Beta Map* LAGO

Postby Pardner » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:38 pm

Pardner wrote:Note: You must have 1.1b4 in order to play this map. I seemed to have used too many textures and the .tex file doesnt work in SG 1.0. I am working to correct this.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Biondo » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:32 pm

Downloaded 1.1b4 today. New bin directory, new config. :-(
I just tried to be of some help.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby Pardner » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Biondo wrote:Downloaded 1.1b4 today. New bin directory, new config. :-(
I just tried to be of some help.

Copy your config files from */Smokin' Guns/smokinguns/* to your new bin which is located in %appdata%/Smokin' Guns/smokinguns/*. You old configs should work with the new version.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Biondo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:17 pm

I forgot to mention that I play on Linux. I have a directory for the game (~/games/Smokin'Guns/) and one for config files (~/.smokinguns/smokinguns/).

All that I did is to put zlago.pk3 inside the config dir. Did I do something wrong?

I tried to use my old config and tried with a clean install.
Not only I am not able to climb ladders, but neither the ropes and neither to exit from prison through the broken roof.

Am I the only one experiencing these problems?
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby Pardner » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Biondo wrote:I forgot to mention that I play on Linux. I have a directory for the game (~/games/Smokin'Guns/) and one for config files (~/.smokinguns/smokinguns/).

Was this before or after you installed 1.1b4? I am not a Linux user, but I think find some configs in your ~/games/Smokin'Guns/... these should be moved to your ~/.smokinguns/smokinguns/. Also, I though we had 1.1b4 set up to read your old configs first, then create new configs from the old one (devs?).

Biondo wrote:All that I did is to put zlago.pk3 inside the config dir. Did I do something wrong?

zlago.pk3 should be placed with all your other pk3 (sg_pak0.pk3, sg_maps0.pk3, etc)

Biondo wrote:I tried to use my old config and tried with a clean install.
Not only I am not able to climb ladders, but neither the ropes and neither to exit from prison through the broken roof.

Seems that 1.1b4 is not being loaded. Pull down the console and look in the lower right corner; it should say "Smokin' Guns 1.1b4"

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Biondo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:25 pm

Pardner, I'll look at your suggestions deeper tomorrow. All I can say for now is if I want to test a new pack I have to put it in my config dir. If I put it in my binaries dir (together with all other pk3 files) it doesn't appear in menu. Is there any beta tester here working in Linux?

And, you are right the console says SG 1.0.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby /dev/random » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:59 pm

I'm running 1.1b4 from SVN under 64bit Linux :)
I didn't test zlago yet, but it should work if you either put it in smokinguns/ beneath the binaries or inside ~/.smokinguns/smokinguns/
Basically it doesn't matter where you put your pk3s and configs, but new configs and autodownloads will be written into ~ and have priority over those in bin.

Putting zlago.pk3 inside ~/.smokinguns/smokinguns/ works for me. Map appears ingame and I can climb ladders aswell.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel