With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

robbing bug

Postby sunrise » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:05 pm

This bug works in 1.0 as well as in 1.1b4

Instruction:
-You have to be a robber
-take the bag and kill all enemies
-wait until "lawmen won"appears (i assume that you are lawmen, but works for outlaws too)
-rob
-now you can see a "outlaws robbed" on your screen and the enemy team get the robbed money

that's quite annoying.
sunrise
Quick Draw

Postby moRtem » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:32 pm

hah, really?

i always thought it was smart to rob after killing the last enemy.

--

but to be honest: i never really understood how you get money, and especially how much money you get for certain events (killing an enemy, recieving the bag, robbing, ...)
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby Bart202 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:00 am

I had this bug also. It's true.
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby mLy! » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:00 pm

moRtem wrote:hah, really?

i always thought it was smart to rob after killing the last enemy.

This doesn't happen a lot, it's quite rare. It's still the best option to rob when the enemies are dead.

I am not sure, but I thoughd it had something to do with a spectator speccing the robbing player and then joining the other team.
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby sunrise » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:26 pm

The point is this <<wait until "lawmen won" (or as the case may be "outlaws won") appears>>, if you don't the bug won't happen.
I have to admit that i do not understand the smokinguns-money-system completely, however the bug is really obvious.

A defender who starts with 20$ and then wastes all of it at the round's beginning and dies without killing anybody, would normally respawn with 20$ in the following round, but after the bug he has sth. like 50$.

If you don't believe me you can test it easily with two players at an empty server.
sunrise
Quick Draw

Re: robbing bug

Postby Pardner » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:17 pm

sunrise wrote:that's quite annoying.

Yeah, it is anoying, but it has no effect on the gameplay. The outlaws do not get a point, and the robber earns a few extra gold as expected. I thought about posting this bug before, but it always been there as long as I can remember (WQ3 2.1). I guess I am just sentimental about a few things :D

sunrise wrote:A defender who starts with 20$ and then wastes all of it at the round's beginning and dies without killing anybody, would normally respawn with 20$ in the following round, but after the bug he has sth. like 50$.

If you don't believe me you can test it easily with two players at an empty server.

I am not sure if it is the bug that is giving the defenders extra money or if it is the economy balancing system (if a player loses multiple rounds, they receive a small amout of money to help them out).

Pardner
SG Team

Postby sunrise » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:05 pm

No i dont think it is the economy balancing system.
The bug works in the first round.
I made a video in order to demonstrate it.

As you can see both players start with 2$.
The Robber gets:
+10$ for taking the bag
+11$ for killing
+16$ for winning the round
+10$ for robbing

The Defender gets:
+51$ for nothing

In the end the defender gains an advantage of 80$(53-20+10+11+16+10)
and in a real game all defenders would profit of this bug.

As a soulution you could just let the round end when "lawmen won"appears .
sunrise
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:01 am

sunrise wrote:As a soulution you could just let the round end when "lawmen won"appears .

Aahh, you are right! I think this would fall under the same bug as my func_timers.... basically, entities are not disabled/reset between br rounds
Pardner
SG Team

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel