With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: Tequila, torhu

Is this Release Candidate suitable as the 1.1 release ?

Yes
10
100%
No (explain why)
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 10

Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby ricochet » Sun May 13, 2012 2:10 pm

garbanzo wrote:But... i want to test RC2 and unfortunately there are no 64 bit executables!
Can these be provided/built ?


I have built 64Bit versions for 1b5 flawlessly and i guess you can easily build 1.1r2 for 64Bit. I have however encountered problems running the 64Bit executables.

Anyway just add
Code: Select all
linux32
to your command line to run the 32Bit executables on your 64Bit machine. You might need to install some additional 32Bit libraries though.

If you've been bad - Lord I bet you have

And you've not been hit by flying lead

You'd better close your eyes, bow your head

Wait for the ricochet

User avatar
ricochet
Quick Draw
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:46 pm
Location: Hannover, Germany



Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby garbanzo » Sun May 13, 2012 5:10 pm

ricochet wrote:
garbanzo wrote:But... i want to test RC2 and unfortunately there are no 64 bit executables!
Can these be provided/built ?


I have built 64Bit versions for 1b5 flawlessly and i guess you can easily build 1.1r2 for 64Bit. I have however encountered problems running the 64Bit executables.

Anyway just add
Code: Select all
linux32
to your command line to run the 32Bit executables on your 64Bit machine. You might need to install some additional 32Bit libraries though.


When you say additional 32bit libraries, i think you mean to have installed ia32 libs, and as for that, yes i have them installed.

As for adding linux32 to the command line, i guess you mean running the smokinguns.i386 like this:

$ linux32 ./smokinguns.i386

Right?

I'll give it a try.

Thanks !
garbanzo
Drifter
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 3:49 pm



Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby dansh » Sun May 13, 2012 8:43 pm

garbanzo, you can try the following files to run:
http://q3alive.net/q3files/smokinguns/binary_only/

I have some reason there is a problem in Linux, I can not shoot a doublet of two pistols at once, ie mouse does not respond to double-click. Garbanzo, you have this problem? Maybe it's some kind of setting the computer mouse ... Most likely, because I have this problem in all versions of the game.
User avatar
dansh
Shootist
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:49 pm
Location: RF



Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby garbanzo » Sun May 13, 2012 10:05 pm

Thank you very much dansh, that link and the 64bit executable worked like a charm !

As for the problem you commented about the mouse, i tried it, and i have no problem, i can fire both guns at the same time with both mouse buttons... don't know what that might be. If i come up with something I'll keep you informed.

Cheers !
garbanzo
Drifter
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 3:49 pm



Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby TheDoctor » Sun May 13, 2012 10:20 pm

dansh wrote:I have some reason there is a problem in Linux, I can not shoot a doublet of two pistols at once, ie mouse does not respond to double-click.
This is probably related to 3rd mouse button emulation. Check this post.
Image
User avatar
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:31 am



Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby dansh » Mon May 14, 2012 7:52 pm

TheDoctor wrote:
dansh wrote:I have some reason there is a problem in Linux, I can not shoot a doublet of two pistols at once, ie mouse does not respond to double-click.
This is probably related to 3rd mouse button emulation. Check this post.

Doc, thanks for the tip. But for some reason this did not work for me.
User avatar
dansh
Shootist
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:49 pm
Location: RF



Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby Biondo » Mon May 14, 2012 8:46 pm

For me, in Linux, there's no problem at shooting with akimbo pistols together. This is the bind I have in my q3config.cfg:

Code: Select all
bind MOUSE3 "+attack; +button6"


I can't figure out the cause of your problem.
User avatar
Biondo
SG Website Designer
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:35 pm



Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby Barto » Mon May 14, 2012 8:58 pm

I trend to follow what was said before with a xorg.conf issue. I had that problem on my computer and I just push MOUSE3 before playing which is, for me, the middle button on the wheel. I think it is worth to try it.

Hope it helped
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
User avatar
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Switzerland



Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby TheDoctor » Mon May 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Biondo wrote:This is the bind I have in my q3config.cfg:
Code: Select all
bind MOUSE3 "+attack; +button6"

I can't figure out the cause of your problem.


This is another solution to very same problem. If you are unsure whether the emulation of the 3rd mouse button occurs at your linux installation, test it with Firefox. Just press MOUSE1 and MOUSE2 at the same time on a link. If it opens a new tab, a MOUSE3 event was emulated.

@Dansh: If zed's suggestions do not work for you, contact the support of your Linux distribution. It is a general problem, not a SG problem. If you find a different solution, post the details here. This question comes up again and again.
Image
User avatar
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:31 am



Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby dansh » Mon May 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Thank you all. I have not tried to raise this issue here, I just ask the user for garbanzo. I understand that this feature of the distribute Linux, I will try MOUSE3. In order not to write another offtopic, I will say that I have works fine 1.1rc2, I did not find any bugs for me.
User avatar
dansh
Shootist
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:49 pm
Location: RF



Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby Bodie » Tue May 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Where are we with this release? Does it need rc3, are there any new fixes in the making?
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
User avatar
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:59 pm



Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby Joe Kari » Wed May 16, 2012 12:31 pm

IMO, no RC3 is needed, 1.1 will be released soon.
User avatar
Joe Kari
SG Team
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: France



Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby Bart202 » Thu May 17, 2012 7:30 am

@ Bodie, yes they have.

Yes, we need the 1.1 very early!! very!!
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
User avatar
Bart202
Gunslinger
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:12 am



Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby Gorn » Mon May 21, 2012 4:34 pm

For me, there are two bug again on 1.1RC2 (not present on 1.0)

Bug "Team Deathmatch" in menu

1) Launch smokin guns > Start Server > Select "Team Deathmatch"
2) Exit
3) Launch smokin guns > Start Server (there are one team with "Team Deathmatch" game mode)

Bug "Open Trap on ladder"

When i open a door/trap and i am on a ladder (paste to the trap).
The door open, close, open, close, open, ... (lag)

Testing :
- Santa Fe Express (the car with the trunk of gold)
- Mine (the house with fireplace)

Sorry for my english,
Thanks
Gorn
Drifter
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:17 pm



Re: Beta testing in 1.1 RC2

Postby TheDoctor » Mon May 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Gorn wrote:Bug "Open Trap on ladder"
When i open a door/trap and i am on a ladder (paste to the trap).
The door open, close, open, close, open, ... (lag)

Testing :
- Santa Fe Express (the car with the trunk of gold)
- Mine (the house with fireplace)
- Hang'em high (prison-like room, next to library)

A fix has been proposed here, but according to the SVN repository, it hasn't been included in SG1.1RC2.

The fix has been successfully applied to Bude servers since March 2011 without side-effects.
Image
User avatar
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:31 am



PreviousNext

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel