With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

Re: DESURA distribution is OLD - it needs to be replaced

Postby panzino » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:59 am

Just checked, Desura is NOT offering to update existing install (that was beta) so far -- not sure if it automatically updates when you upload a new version or you haven't gotten around to it as yet....

Let me know if you get the 1.1 correct distro on there, or already did, and I'll go through the routine to verify all is well -- should be rather straight forward but will run through the ropes to make sure

thanks again
panzino
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:10 pm

1) Downloaded SG1.1 OS Independant from Moddb
2) Unzipped Os Independant package
3) Installed Desura
4) Uploaded OS Independant package for the Windows Full
5) Clicked submit for approval

I don't know if they will notify when they approve my package or if it is already done. Go and check the date and let me know if it works. If somebody has a good clean *working* linux package let me know, I can upload that as well. If not, I will upload the same OD Independent package for the linux users too.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Barto » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:56 pm

Pardner wrote:If somebody has a good clean *working* linux package let me know, I can upload that as well. If not, I will upload the same OD Independent package for the linux users too.

The actual SG 1.1 .zip file only contains some 32 bits binaries, are you able to give some 64 bits executables too? (release *.x64_64 files) I have put a .zip file containing those binaries in this post viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3322#p25659 . This is way easier to deal with some binaries that has the same architecture than your computer.
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Pardner » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:38 pm

They way I uploaded the Windows version was to select a "working, clean directory" and it created a MCF file and I uploaded it.... it just uploaded what ever was in my sg directory (linux binaries and all) I would assum that I can put in x64 binaries as well.

EDIT: uploaded linux version to Desura and I used Barto's x86 and x64 binaries.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:25 pm

support@desura.com wrote:The patch you recently uploaded to the Full Windows branch on Desura has just been authorized and is being distributed now.

support@desura.com wrote:The patch you recently uploaded to the Full Linux branch on Desura has just been authorized and is being distributed now.

Hope that works....
Pardner
SG Team

Previous

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel