With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

the dinamite bug

Postby El vAkonD » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:27 pm

Sorry for opening another topic, but i dont know where should i write that there is a bug with the dinamite.
If you throw a dinamite to the ground and step on it, sometimes you can't pick it up, it stays on the ground and keeps you filling with dinamites until you have twenty 8O (under a second maybe).
PiKK could you look after it? :roll: Sorry for making you more work, it's just a post, you dont have to do anything.
El vAkonD
SG Team

Postby torhu » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:01 pm

Anything in particular you have to do to make this happen? Has anyone else seen it?
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:34 pm

I've never seen it from just throwing the dyno to the ground but I have seen a dyno or a knife from a killed player that could not be picked up. Sometimes the object remains in the map until the round is over. Sometimes the object would be suspended in the air as well. Moving into the object causes the "pickup" sound to be triggered (often multiple times) but I've never actually received the pickup.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

well-

Postby Aerasol » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:24 am

yes- i have experienced this- but- only under a controlled experiments in weapon respawning rates- lol- some server admins have no clue what they r doing when they put the g_weaponrespawn to 0 thinking it only effects the spawned items such as money and other stuff the map makes that u pick up- well... it doesn't- it messes up the whole weapon cycle- when put it to 0 u can drop a knife, go over it, and continuelly throw knives like a machine gun for several minutes depending on the internal spawn properties of the actual mod/map itself- u can duplicate anything as many times as u can hold by dropping anything- so- admins- keep it at the default number- 5- and plz don't go negative- those have some funky effects as well...

thus- this whole bug is invented by careless server admins- don't be one- if u need server advice- ask me- i don't want any of my baby wq3 servers being screwed up by ppl who don't know how to run a server-
Aerasol
Pistolero

Dimamit & Kniefs

Postby Coronel » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:35 pm

I've known this bug, and sometimes with the knief happens the same.
There are many "pick up" sound while you're not full with them and if u stay there and throw a dyno away, u will pick up another.
Coronel
Newcomer

Postby sig11 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:12 am

I was told that this bug also happens on my test server. However, g_weaponrespawn is set to 5. In fact I haven't known about that cvar, let alone touched it. :?:
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby torhu » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:15 am

I saw this bug on 'Somewhere in the west - Deathmatch'. Is g_weaponrespawn set to 5 there too?
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:06 am

Hmmm. The last post about this was several months ago, but I noticed last night on RAWHIDE that a map was filled with knives, so this bug is still with us.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:25 am

I've seen it as well. Execing the server.cfg seems to make the world right again. Perhaps voting causes something screwy in the long term? Anyway, I know that floating weapons is being worked on.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Bug Report

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel