With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Is it a bug or is it me???

Postby BITE_ME!! » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:12 pm

I have been having trouble when exiting the game. I used to hit the esc key and then hit quit. Now when I hit the Esc key I dont see the drop down and can not get out of the game. I need to force my way out.

Anyone else seen this?
BITE_ME!!
Pistolero

Postby English Rose » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:18 pm

I have that problem too :(
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
English Rose
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:12 pm

It seems we have a brand new bug. :( I have only had this happen to me once but there are others who have reported it to me. Hitting ESC just won't bring down the menu so you can access your options, voting, team joining....everything you need. I had to bring down the console and /quit, then relaunch the game to make it go away.
I hate to release another patch but maybe our coder can look into this for us since it is serious and apparantly widespread. :?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Re: Is it a bug or is it me???

Postby torhu » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:40 pm

BITE_ME!! wrote:I have been having trouble when exiting the game. I used to hit the esc key and then hit quit. Now when I hit the Esc key I dont see the drop down and can not get out of the game. I need to force my way out.

Does this happen everytime? That it happens from time to time is a known bug. But if it happens everytime, you should try typing '/bind escape' in the console and see what it says. Escape should be bound to the togglemenu command. If it's not, just type '/bind escape togglemenu' to fix it.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby BITE_ME!! » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:27 pm

OK just to update on this. It is intermittent. Sometimes this happens and sometimes it does not....and yes I tried reinstalling both the full .zip and .exe MOD with same intermittent problems...very strange
BITE_ME!!
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:32 am

Lethal tells me he has the problem in br maps. He gets rid of it by bringing up the buy menu for a moment and esc key seems to work again after that. Cheap work around for now, but give it a try.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby BITE_ME!! » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:56 pm

OK will give that a try...thanks!
BITE_ME!!
Pistolero

Return to Bug Report

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel