With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

[bug???] ammunition belt

Postby Breli » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:22 am

Heyho,

I don't know whether it is me, a bug or the beer or all the three of us: What is the point in picking up ammunition belts? I mean, you don't get ammo and can't buy a new ammunition belt if you 'r outta ammo. So you better watch your footsteps and avoid to pick it up in the first place ;)

Maybe I am missing some magic here ...

Breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby hika » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:48 am

I notice that picking up ammo belt from the ground only give you the advantage to double your ammo capacity.
Buying an ammo belt give you this advantage, but it also fills your ammo capacity.
So for 10$, you better buy a new belt, instead of picking one from the ground and buying 2 x 5$ sets of ammo ;)

I think something can be done about that (later, after the vacation, I guess).
For belts on the ground, why not an ammo counter to remember ?, so that any opponent can get the belt and the ammo into it.
I guess it can be difficult too, since the belt can store different types of ammo (pistols, shotguns, rifles ...)

Any other ideas ?
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:59 pm

maybe not having them drop at all.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby torhu » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:38 pm

Pardner wrote:maybe not having them drop at all.

OK, I've put this fix in the patch now. We could also allow players to buy more than one belt, but that would give people access to lots of cheap ammo, so then we should probably make it more expensive or something. I'll just let it stay the way it is for now.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Return to Bug Report

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel