With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

[bug???] Buy menu keeps disappearing

Postby hika » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:03 am

Another tricky problem I was running into.
Tricky because I can't reproduce it :(
When pressing the key bound to "wq_buy" (Buy menu), the menu appeared but disappeared immediately. So I could not buy anything.
The only way I find to stop this behaviour is to exit back to WQ3 main menu and restart a game.

If anyone has ever seen it, please report too, as I don't really know in what WQ3 version the problem occurred.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:39 pm

I got a bug related to yours (or maybe it's the same):

I was playing on the kowboj server. Then we decided to play duel. What now happened was weird: When joining the game, i had to choose a team as if would play BR. And after i had done that, i joined the game but couldn't buy anything because the buymenu didn't appear.
And when hitting the TAB-button i didn't see the duelstats, but the stats like for BR (but these were blank).

After that i disconnected (but i did not close the game) and tried to reconnect to the server. But this wasn't possible anymore; said something like: "Invalid pk3 files detected"
So i shutdown the game and restarted it. And i could join the server again and all was ok now.

Hmm, maybe it's because of the beta-files in my \westernq3 folder????
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby torhu » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:21 pm

@hika:
There is a way to make the buy menu work again. I can't remember exactly, but you just press esc a couple of times or something. Or open the weapon select menu. Even if I can't remember exactly how I do it, I'm able to fix it each time, so it shouldn't be not hard. And it also seems rare, I think I've only seen it while testing or debugging. And weird things happen then.

@Hellrider:
Might be something funny about the Kowboj server. I've never seen that problem myself.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby torhu » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:31 am

In bug database.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby hika » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:05 am

I managed to reproduce this bug, but it is quite hard to.
You have to press almost simultaneously the buy key and the '0' key (don't forget to press SHIFT for those who are in AZERTY), repetitively.Your fingers have to slide on both the keys ... really really hard to ... maybe I should record this ?

All that story tells me that, by some certain circumstance, you might have enough luck to bump into that.
About the code, by displaying debug message, it seems that trap_Key_IsDown( 48 ) returns true, even if '0' key is no longer pressed. ('0' is 48 in ASCII table for those who don't know).
Consequence is that the buy menu immediately disappears.

I remember the first time I encountered this bug, I never used the '0' key ... always the right mouse button, but it might be possible that trap_Key_IsDown( K_MOUSE2 ) returns true, even if it is no longer pressed.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Return to Bug Report

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel