With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

[Bug] ??? Game freezes for a while

Postby Breli » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:54 pm

Dunno whether this is known or not. It is new for me: Occasionally, the game freezes and the console outputs something like "Net_send WSAEINTR" or something like that. After a while everything was back to normal.

I experienced this on hika's and sig11's servers.

Has anybody else seen this?
Breli
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:16 am

Found this with Google. Hope it helps.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:42 pm

@Breli, if you want to to google yourselve, too, just google for "WSAEINTR". It gave me a lot of Windows specific hits which sound somewhat relevant.

Looking at the source, the error was probably "NET_SendPacket: WSAEINTR". This happens, when your client tries to send data - but it looks like it's in a rather generic place of the code. In other words, it's a general network problem, either on your side - or (unlikely) on our server's sides. Did you recently install a firewall, change firewall settings upgrade a firewall ? Similar things like that ?
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby Breli » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:17 pm

sig11 wrote:Looking at the source, the error was probably "NET_SendPacket: WSAEINTR". This happens, when your client tries to send data - but it looks like it's in a rather generic place of the code. In other words, it's a general network problem, either on your side - or (unlikely) on our server's sides. Did you recently install a firewall, change firewall settings upgrade a firewall ? Similar things like that ?

Yeah ... that was the error message I got. I already had the QoS planner registered/installed for that network interface ... and didn't fool around with my network settings/firewall whatever.

Maybe the connection in my new flat is just crap, the router is picky or my notebook is totally screwed ... :|

Anyway, thanks for your help red and sig11.
Breli
SG Team

Return to Bug Report

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel