With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

clip your model

Postby Joe Kari » Sat May 17, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi !

After few attempt I have been able to have an autoclipped model ! That's a good news !

I don't know if you are aware of this, but here is the trick :

You must use one extra-shaders for your model that have the "q3map_clipModel" directive, but because this directive don't work for small stuff, you can't add this to all your shader. So after you have made your model, make a rough clip inside it, but NOT in radiant, in your favorite md3 modeler.
So you don't have to waste your time to make clip brushes in radiant and remade them if you rotate the model, because the clip is include in it !

Here is the "wood_clip" shaders I used for wood models :
Code: Select all
textures/joekari_q3map/wood_clip
{
   qer_trans 0.5
   qer_editorimage textures/joekari_q3map/wood_clip.jpg
   q3map_clipModel
   surfaceparm nodraw
   surfaceparm nolightmap
   surfaceparm trans
//   surfaceparm nomarks
}
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Joe Kari » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:43 pm

Yeeeehaaaaaa !
Not directly related, but I found something that is not in the help in the Radiant entity window.
Everyone know the "_remap" key for misc_model ? It allow you to replace (remap) a texture/shader used in the model by another.
Just luck, I just found in the q3map2 changelog of Ydnar that there is key like "_remapNN" that allow you, not to change one textures, but all the texture you want ! It gives you great flexibility !

Example of 2 Key/Value pair for the same entity :
_remap1
textures/wood/wood_A;textures/wood/wood_B

_remap2
textures/metal/metal_A;textures/metal/metal_B

It will turn all wood_A to wood_B, and metal_A to metal_B in all the model !!! Love that stuff !
Just... Why doesn't it appear in the radiant help windows ? :roll:
This sort of stuff MUST be known by every mapper ! :D
Joe Kari
SG Team

Return to Editor's Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel