With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Breakable walls (like in the original WQ3 maps)

Postby dolny » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:09 pm

How can I make them? I know how to make breakable glass, and theoretically breakable wall but it looks crappy - because the parts after explosion (if I choose type: stone) are stones - not the parts of the wall. I would be grateful for help/short tutorial!
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Re: Breakable walls (like in the original WQ3 maps)

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:57 pm

dolny wrote:I know how to make breakable glass, and theoretically breakable wall but it looks crappy - because the parts after explosion (if I choose type: stone) are stones - not the parts of the wall.

That's just the way it is I'm afraid. There's nothing you can do about that as far as I know. Glass is the only breakable item that looks decent. It may not look good, but at least you can make other materials breakable in the map if you need to.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby dolny » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:16 pm

I checked how Spoon did it in Durango and I did the same. Works (I think) ;) Gonna compile it now to make sure.
(Just check out the breakable parts of the bank wall with 'N').

Edit: Eh, it sometimes work, sometimes it doesn't. Right now the breakable wall suddenly dissapeared in Radiant. Eh, gotta grab a beer - i'm off to the city ;) After 2 days with GTKRadiant.
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby M.R. » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:54 pm

there are breakable walls in reaction quake3, they make it look more natural bt using breakable bricks that build walls. this can be seen in q2 in one of the secret areas tword the end of the game. However, the problem of floating bricks is a difficult one. boards could also be made breakable and eye-freindly by being segmented into chunks that would look more realistic.
M.R.
Drifter

Return to Editor's Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel