With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:21 pm

hika wrote:Is it possible to darken the night as the time passed in the map ?

I remember reading a thread about this over at the map-center forums. Looks like their site has been hacked so I won't be able to search for it. I can't remember if anyone figured out a way to do it or not, but I'm guessing no.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:44 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:
hika wrote:Is it possible to darken the night as the time passed in the map ?

I remember reading a thread about this over at the map-center forums. Looks like their site has been hacked so I won't be able to search for it. I can't remember if anyone figured out a way to do it or not, but I'm guessing no.

Just a wild guess : maybe with a reaaaalllllyyy slooooooooooooow shader on the sky ? OTOH shaders probably don't onfluence light sources ?! ... ah well, I should keep ideas to myself of which I have no clue ;-) ...
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:01 am

sig11 wrote:Just a wild guess : maybe with a reaaaalllllyyy slooooooooooooow shader on the sky ?

LOL, I'm not even going to go there. Shaders and I do not get along. :lol:

UPDATE: Untill today I haven't looked at the "structural" portion of my map in a very long time. Think of it as the foundation, which I realized I needed after I built the detail layout. (Backwards procedure in other words.) I'll just say it makes a difference to what your graphics card has to draw from a certain vantage point & I think I can greatly improve performance here for lesser machines. First screenshot shows the structural brushes & 2nd screenie shows both structural and detail brushes. Seems I've got some sloppy design here with huge amounts of unneeded space. (Pink stuff in 2nd screenie.)
Image Image
Ok, I just realized that unless you're a mapper, I'm probably wasting my breath here. I'll try my idea since it should only take an hour or two.

BR mode is coming along and the atmosphere is quite different from the daytime version. (Including sound changes and a new area for an escape point.) I hope you'll enjoy the difference. New versions for our testers are coming soon.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:01 pm

I was able to clean up the structural layout quite a bit but I have no idea if it'll help performance. Thanks to our beta testers, I've fixed many bugs & am currently tweaking the gameplay for br mode. While I'm at it I've been making some visual improvements along the way. Oh yeah, there are 2 new small areas for the level. We plan to release this map with beta 2.2 along with our other new map Green Hill Lake. Whenever everything is ready it'll happen!
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Previous

Return to Editor's Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel