With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Compiling with latest version of q3map2 ?

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:15 am

I have been told that it should be possible to compile maps for wq3 in two stages. Do the vis stage with Spoon's q3map.exe so that ladders/breakables/particles work and then do the light stage with the latest version of q3map2.exe
I only tried it once and got an error, but I don't think I installed q3map2 correctly. I will post here again when/if I get it to work. If this is possible, nice effects like terrain blending and phong shading would be possible! 8O I intend to keep trying to find the correct procedure. This could mean a great boost in detail for our mapping projects. If anyone else beats me to it, please post your results.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Shadoku » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:11 am

Never thought of splitting it up like that... Ill mess around with it also, since i really want to be able to use _skybox.
Shadoku
Pistolero

Postby dolny » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:05 am

Wow, looks impressive.

PS. Hi, i'm back for a couple of days, but I am too occupied to get involved in mapping/dev. right now.
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:01 am

I can compile using the q3map2 for the lightstage but it screws with the textures. It is also a very long and confusing procedure to get it to work at all. (Compile with q3map2 using -meta in order to get a .srf file which is needed for something. Then save the .srf and recompile with Spoons. Then compile the light stage with q3map2, but something goes wrong with the textures.) The bottom line is this... the light compile with q3map2 breaks the textures in your map so we aren't going to be able to use this method. Now for some good news...

The q3map2 source code is publicly available! 8O

El Vakond is looking into it already, but anyone with coding knowledge is encouraged to see if Spoon's q3map features can be integrated into the new q3map2. :D
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Editor's Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel