With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

How to set up the mac version of GTK-Radiant for Westernq3 ?

Postby zoddl » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:22 pm

Howdy,
i?m a macuser and will start mapping for Westernquake.
But there is a problem. I have no idea how I can set up gtkradiant 1.4 to work with Westernquake.

Has anyone an Idea?
zoddl
Newcomer

Re: How to set up the mac version of GTK-Radiant for Western

Postby El vAkonD » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:24 pm

zoddl wrote:Howdy,
i?m a macuser and will start mapping for Westernquake.
But there is a problem. I have no idea how I can set up gtkradiant 1.4 to work with Westernquake.

Has anyone an Idea?

work with westernquake or work on mac?

if the first, look at in the tutorials area of this site.
El vAkonD
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:59 pm

Go HERE to see how it's done on a Windows machine. I do not know how different it may be for the Mac. If you get it to work and find there are differences, it would be nice if you would share your knowledge so we can make a Mac tutorial. Welcome to the forum friend! :D
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby zoddl » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:42 pm

Hi,
I tried to set up my radiant for westernquake, but it doesn?t work correctly. I can open the wq_test map, but the skybox texture is not to see, there is only a "shader not found" texture. SCREENSHOT

I also can compile the map, but if I try to start it, I get an "SV_SetBrushModel:NULL" error message.
zoddl
Newcomer

Postby Breli » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:07 pm

Hi zoddl,

Most sky textures aren't shown in Radiant. That's normal. Don't worry about that. As for your other problem, compare this thread:

http://www.westernquake3.net/viewtopic.php?t=490

Try the following:
Select "brush cleanup" under Plugins -> bobtoolz. That will erase invalid brushes. This error usually occurs when you mess around with moving objects like doors or other entites (for some entites cloning and rotating sometimes causes weird problems).

I had that error once, its not a big problem. If the brush cleanup doesn't work, erase the brushes that are invalid. The compiler will output the brush number during the compiling process. Select "Find Brush" from the misc menu and delete the invalid brush (they are usually invisible since they do not occupy physical space) so just press Backspace. You'll probably have to iterate the process since q3map finds new invalid brushes during subsequent compilations.

HTH

breli

BTW: Welcome to the editor community :D
Breli
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:00 am

Straight from the tutorial:
Now you are all set to begin so open the wq_test.map with GTKRadiant. Look around but do not change anything at this time (unless you know what you are doing) because this is where you will learn to compile a map. You will notice that the sky does not show up. This is normal in Radiant, but the sky will be present once you have compiled.

After trying Breli's suggestions, if you still get errors you might want to just delete the test map and redownload it. Then compile it before you change anything. Once you see how the compile process works then go back in and have some fun moving things around. :)

BTW, I will likely rewrite the tutorial in the near future as some new discoveries have been made recently. In fact, Lethal says he figured out how to get the sky textures to show up in radiant. Seems the shader files are to blame. That'll all be covered in the new tutorial. For now, just realize that Radiant will show "shader image missing" but the sky will be there in the game. Have fun and don't hesitate to ask more questions. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Editor's Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel