With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

special problem _ need your help

Postby metapower » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:48 pm

hello,
i am making a movie with quake 3, but i have a big problem i can't delete this iscons when my map is loading
if anybody can help me, i can't find them in any pk3

thks

metapower
Newcomer

Postby Breli » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:19 pm

Hi metapower and welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, it is rather unlikely that you'll find help here since only a few people are visiting our editor's forum ATM. I guess you should try to find help on some of the bigger quake/mod/tutorial sites.

cheers

Breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:19 pm

Your best bet is to contact EvilFutsin since he made the WQ3 movie. Maybe he could help you.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby metapower » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:57 pm

ok thk your for you tip
i let a message in map-center, do you know another great forum ?
metapower
Newcomer

Postby EvilFutsin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:15 pm

Is this when the map's loading or when it's in-game? If it's when it's loading and you actually (dunno why you would) need the loading screen, you can use something like Flash or Image Ready or something to fake the "loading" effect.

If it's actually visible INGAME, then...what the hell?! o_O I have no idea why that'd be happening.

The main thing is, the footage you're trying to take from the game - does it somehow include these two icons at some point, visually or otherwise? Because if it doesn't, then you're pretty much in the clear.

The other thing to keep in mind about getting rid of these icons - you'd basically have to get rid of whatever piece of code that says "okay, show these little icons loading!" Because if you're talking about baseq3? You have to have those, since the default inventory for the player is those two weapons. The only other way is finding the icons within the pk3 (I can't remember what directory their in, I'd have to look it up), opening them in like, Photoshop or something, and cutting them out and leaving the files blank/empty (or fill in with black if that's the color you need).

SO, if it's showing in WQ3 for some reason, I must say, "what the WTF?!" Since it shouldn't be.

But anyways, I hope this rambling has helped you. Keep in mind I just woke up. lol
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Return to Editor's Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel