With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Postby EvilFutsin » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:40 am

If you can add snow weather effects, you're in business. I love the look of both versions and am looking forward to trying it out. :D
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:05 am

Pardner wrote:The map is playable now; I'm toying with the idea of a beta release!

Nothing wrong with that. Best way I know to get feedback from the wq3 fans during development. Good bunch of folks who only want to help make new maps the best they can be. But then, you already knew that. We'll be here whenever you're ready. 8) I suggest you offer it to our testers for their comments first. Let's face it, nobody else posts here...yet. Plus we've subjected prospective new players to enough additional downloads as it is. Probably a good percentage don't bother to search for HN2 or BW. Not to mention br_haunted for servers that host it.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:44 am

EvilFutsin wrote:If you can add snow weather effects, you're in business. :D

yeah, I had some cool snow effects lined up but I couldnt find a good snowy skybox. Im using nrock for the br map now, but it has a clear, stary sky-not exactly good for a snow effect.
I have to fix a few things and then recompile. hehe, seems everytime I play it I notice something that needs to be changed.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:45 am

Pardner wrote:yeah, I had some cool snow effects lined up but I couldnt find a good snowy skybox.

WADFATHER
Read the info at the bottom of the page.

Btw, you've probably noticed wq3's lack of good snow textures. Find & listen to the wq3 snow sounds too. Also lacking & something to consider.

Pardner wrote:hehe, seems everytime I play it I notice something that needs to be changed.

Welcome to wq3 level editing! Nobody expects it to be perfect. We just want it to be fun. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:08 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:WADFATHER
Read the info at the bottom of the page.

Btw, you've probably noticed wq3's lack of good snow textures. Find & listen to the wq3 snow sounds too. Also lacking & something to consider.

oh NOs, really cool sky boxs! now Im doomed to make another terrain/outside map. :lol: making terrain isnt one of my strong points btw. thanks for the link

mmmmm....no good snow sounds. well the first time we get a good layer of popcorn snow here in NH, Ill probably be able to get a good sound clip. hehe might be able to get a good picture of the snow and use it as a texture.

EDIT:
update on the snow effect. here a screen with the snow and my new cool blizzard skybox. the second pic is the new skybox.
Image Image
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:46 am

Well there hasn?t been too much feedback in the feedback thread, and I have been kinda busy. I?ve fixed some things, and I?ve changed some things.
Crack in the grave...secret entrance clue

Moved the bails of hey so it?s easier to get the money

New/simpler jail bars. I was just ridding a little un-necessary complexity

I replaced some of the trees with the trees from ReD's HN2/HgH maps. Agreed that they look much better.

I'm basically going through the map finding/fixing texture flaws at this point. I have basically giving up on the snowing affect due to FPS drop (if I get enough ambition and time, I might try again) as well as opening up the R&R tracks. Opening up the R&R tracks is much work, but I haven?t much time and there wasn?t too much feedback on the subject.

I?m still looking for feedback on the feedback thread:
http://www.westernquake3.net/viewtopic. ... c&start=15

Pardner
SG Team

Previous

Return to Editor's Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel