With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

wq_paddleboat

Postby Shadoku » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:18 am

Don't you just love it when supposedly dead people pop up out of nowhere with a new map? :D

The idea that i wanted to do another WQ map popped into my head a few days ago, and after deciding what i wanted to do, and spending most of today on it, this is the result.

I haven't done a compile yet, so that's why its an editor shot and not a game play shot....Obviously it still has a long way to go, but I'm really happy with how its coming along.
Shadoku
Pistolero

Postby L3th4l » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:30 am

Nice, that's pretty cool.

We do have a steamboat WIP though :D These are a little outdated, looks different now..

L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Shadoku » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:46 am

Haha, i completly forgot there was already one in the works, really makes mine look pathetic too... Oh well, I'll just come up with something else.
Shadoku
Pistolero

Postby L3th4l » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:55 am

Nah don't toss it, keep going with it. The version I have been working on is unplayable right now and may never see release.. Maybe you can use some ideas from it..
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby jakmanjak » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:10 am

Oh, just incase anyone is wondering.. we have improved.

Here's some shots from a map that we toyed around with awhile back, it will probably never see the light of day.

Image]

And this is a VERY early ingame shot.

Thinking about it now, it was probably too ambitious of a project.
jakmanjak
Drifter

Postby EvilFutsin » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:27 pm

My eyes melt with the coolness of that last pic. O_O

And btw, that big Steamboat at the top ain't too bad, dude. Maybe you could have like, seperate Steamboat themes, one that's docked and one that's goin' down the river?
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:45 pm

Hey Jak & Shadoku! Great to see you guys are still alive and kicking. It's also exciting to see you are still mapping. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:33 pm

Great ! It's really cool to see you guys working on maps again ! And with Pardner's map, there seems to be a community growing there !
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:41 pm

Shadoku wrote:Haha, i completly forgot there was already one in the works, really makes mine look pathetic too... Oh well, I'll just come up with something else.

no, dont trash it! im sure there will be enough of a difference.

EvilFutsin wrote:And btw, that big Steamboat at the top ain't too bad, dude. Maybe you could have like, seperate Steamboat themes, one that's docked and one that's goin' down the river?

Shadoku, your steamboat looks smaller than L3th4l's; maybe you could make a small port town as part as the map.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:44 am

Pardner wrote:Shadoku, your steamboat looks smaller than L3th4l's; maybe you could make a small port town as part as the map.

Now that's a fresh idea! 8O
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Shadoku » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:58 pm

I pretty much gave up on this, after i did a compile i realized it was far too tiny to work as a playable map. So here's the map file, in case anyone decides they can do something with it, maybe as a prop in a bigger map or something.

http://chaos.gutreflex.com/paddleboat.map
Shadoku
Pistolero

Return to Editor's Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel