With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

New UK smokin' guns server

Postby Pyrite » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that there is a (comparatively) new server in the UK: quake3.kitserve.org.uk. I know some of you have joined us on there already, hopefully some more will in future!

There is one small problem: for reasons that I haven't been able to figure out, the server doesn't appear in the internet server list. I manually added it to the server list at http://www.bootblock.de/wq3/, but can't figure out why it doesn't appear in the public internet server list in-game. I'm pretty sure it did at one point, not sure what changed since then! It's set to "dedicated 2" and is configured to report to 5 master servers, including the usual ID and GameSpy ones. The server runs ioQuake3 in pure server mode without PunkBuster, maybe that has something to do with it...

Anyway, hope to see you on there, and bonus points if anyone can figure out what the problem with it not appearing in the server list is caused by!

Thanks to the devs for all the time they've put into making Smokin' Guns so far :)
Pyrite
Pistolero

Postby Pardner » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:25 pm

Howdy!
Welcome to the forums Pyrite, and thank you for the new server. The server page takes a little while to update; but your server is on there now:
http://www.bootblock.de/wq3/s82.32.155.27.27960.html

We have a small player base at the moment, so your server may or may not see much traffic. Hopefully this changes once the SA is released.
~Pard

Pardner
SG Team

Postby ChainLightnin' » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:36 pm

It seems to pop up just fine on my Monster Browser here in Montana, USA! Those tunes do sure have some Sergio Leone ambiance! 8)
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Return to Game Server Info

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel