With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

New Server

Postby Blondey » Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:33 pm

What Would I need To Start My Own Server?
Cause i am getting a new computer and was thinking i should turn this one into a Western Quake 3 server. so what do i need to do?
or even just host a game, lol.
Blondey
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:30 am

http://www.planetquake.com/quake3/q3aguide/server-setup_a.shtml
That link will tell you what you need to know. If you're going to run the server on your spare pc, I suggest you make it a "dedicated" server. Your bandwidth will limit the number of players who can connect before everyone starts lagging. If you begin to notice everyones pings going real high, then you need to reduce the number of players that can connect. Also, if you use a router you will need to check the router's manual to learn how to open a port (27960) so that people can see your server. Good luck. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Blondey » Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:37 am

Well Of course I was going to dedicated the tower to it. lol, I just thought that that would be a fun project to do, that and to say i did it :D, o and of course to play what i feel is one of the two best mods ever made (this is number one, but closely follwed by Bid For Power). ands thnx for the link Red Neckerson, you Are My Hero Man!!!!!!
Blondey
Drifter

Return to Game Server Info

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel