With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

MOTD

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:34 pm

If you go to the http://www.bootblock.de/wq3 site, and click on each server for more info, you will see that sig11's servers display his message of the day for each. I can't get that to work on the RAWHIDE server. Yes, I have a motd in the server cfg and it works upon joining the server...just not at bootblock. Any ideas?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby torhu » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:12 pm

g_motd doesn't have the CVAR_SERVERINFO flag set in the code, but you can set it in your config file.
Quote from Commander Keen's Quake3 Console Page:
Code: Select all
sets     sets the variable with the serverinfo flag, so it will be transmitted from a server to connecting clients

So you just replace 'set g_motd' with 'sets g_motd'. Now we've both learned something new today. :)
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:39 pm

AHA!! Thank you sir, I'll try it out now! :D
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

yep-

Postby Aerasol » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:48 pm

yeah- sets shows u r setting a server flag- can sets "whatever u want" "to whatever u want" and random variables will show up for ur server- same works for user variables- setu "whatever" "whatever" and u will get ur own custom user flags- which can be seen by game client user info pages or when a server the user is on types in dumpuser "user's name"- use seta for all them standardized commands for the mod and q3a u r using, like rconpassword, timelimit, fraglimit, and such- just use set when making map specific commands- before and after the "map blahblah" on the map cycle strings
Aerasol
Pistolero

Return to Game Server Info

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel