With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Setting up test server

Postby Breli » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:41 pm

Hi fellas,

El vAkonD and I tried to set up a server quickly in order to try some things in WQ. I configured my router and started a server (not pure, dedicated internet). After a while the server showed up on the web site and El was able to see it. Apparently, router configuration was ok.

However, El could not join my server which is strange. since El can join all other servers.

I have a retail version with a valid key but I didn't install q3 from the CD (an old backup version).

What do I do wrong? Any suggestions?

breli
Breli
SG Team

Re: Setting up test server

Postby El vAkonD » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:45 pm

And I've got mistyped cd key (that's very strange, cause i havent ever had one), and invalid cd key (that's not strange) error all the time.
El vAkonD
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:12 am

Here is my server cfg if it will help. I altered some of it for obvious reasons. Putting // in front of a command makes the server ignore it. Remove them to activate a line. Pay attention to the lines that are green! :) After backing up the original server.cfg, you could copy/paste this and alter it where needed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// Administrator Info
sets Admin "YOU"
sets Email "you@email.com"

// Server Name and Daily Message
set sv_Hostname "^3RAW^7HIDE" // using ^ with a number makes the text colored. Use 0 through 9.
sets g_motd "^7 Please show your support! Visit ^3www.westernquake3.net/main"// This is the message that will be displayed during loading.
sets sv_Location "Wherever server is"
sets IRC "#westernq3 @ irc.quakenet.org"
sets MOD_URL "www.westernquake3.net/main"

// Game Settings
set sv_maxclients "12" // The maximum number of connected clients allowed.
set g_maxGameClients "0" // The maximum number of players that can actually join into the game. All other connected clients can only Spectate.
//set sv_privateClients "2" // sv_privateClients and sv_privatePassword allow for private slots on the server. Example: If sv_maxclients = 16 and sv_privateClients = 2 then there will be 14 public slots and 2 private.
set g_gametype "0" // 0 = deathmatch, 1 = duel, 3 = team deathmatch, 4 = round teamplay, 5 = bank robbery
set fraglimit "25" // 0 = none
set timelimit "20" // 0 = none
set duellimit "2" // 0 = none
set scorelimit "10" // 0 = none
set g_roundtime "4" // 0 = none
set g_dowarmup "1" // 1 = warmup before match
set g_warmup "15" // time in seconds for warmup
set g_speed "220" //default speed for wq3 is 200, higher value = faster gameplay
set g_friendlyFire "1" // 0 = off, 1 = on
set g_chaseonly "0" // 0 = off, 1 = on (Setting to 1 means specs are stuck in follow mode)
set g_specsareflies "1" // 0 = off, 1 = on, specs appear as flies to players
set g_splitchat "0" // 0 = off, 1 = on (Setting to 1 means spec chat is not seen by players)
set g_delagging "1" // 1 = delagging code enabled, 0 = disabled

// duel
set du_enabletrio "1" // 0 = off, 1 = on (enables 3 way duels)
set du_forcetrio "1" // 0 = off, 1 = on (forces 3 way duels if enough players are present)

// teamnames
set g_redteamname "Desperados"
set g_blueteamname "Regulators"

// Passwords
set rconpassword "xxxxxxx" // Remote administration password.
//set sv_privatePassword "xxx" // Password for private slots on server. Client enters password by typing "set password -----" at the console.
//set g_password "" // Used to password protect the server. Client enters password by typing "set password -----" at the console.

// Bot Setup
set bot_enable "1" // 0 = off, 1 = on
set bot_minplayers "4" // This command manages the addition/removal of autobots. Bots will leave if there is not enough room on the server. As people join, the bots remove themselves one at a time to allow room for the addition of players.
set bot_nochat "1" //set to 1 disables the annoying bot chats
set g_spskill "3" // Sets bot skill

// Server Settings
set sv_pure "1" // A Pure server will only let users connect if they have the exact same .pk3 files in their q3wq3 directory as the server does. Helps stop cheaters from using modified code.
set g_allowvote "1" // 0 = off, 1 = on
set sv_allowdownload "0" // 0 = off, 1 = on
set sv_floodprotect "1" // keeps idiots from flooding the server with pings
set sv_strictAuth "0" //cd keys aren't checked by the server
//set pb_sv_guidrelax 7 // disables punkbuster guid check - needed if you run pb on server

set gamename "westernq3"
set sv_maxping "0"
set sv_maxRate "10000" // Sets the maximum allowable rate a client may have set when connected to the server. A suggested setting is 8000 or 10000 so server bandwidth is not used up by high speed clients, thus allowing high-ping players to have a smoother game.
set g_log "server.log" // This is to set the name of the output file. By default it's "games.log".
set g_inactivity "3000" // Number of seconds before an inactive player is kicked.

// Master Servers
set sv_master1 "master0.gamespy.com" // Server reports to gamespy master server.
seta sv_master2 "master.quake3arena.com"
seta sv_master3 "master3.idsoftware.com" // By default the server will report to the Id Software master server.
// The server can report to a maximum of 5 master servers.

//Set map selection, cycle order, and load first map
set d1 "set g_gametype 0; map wq_tillian ; set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "map wq_NightFort ; set nextmap vstr d3"
set d3 "map wq_fort ; set nextmap vstr d4"
set d4 "map wq_train ; set nextmap vstr d5"
set d5 "map wq_mine ; set nextmap vstr d6"
set d6 "map wq_dry ; set nextmap vstr d7"
set d7 "map wq_canyon ; set nextmap vstr d8"
set d8 "map wq_town ; set nextmap vstr d9"
set d9 "map wq_sancuchillo ; set nextmap vstr d1"
vstr d1
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

pb

Postby Aerasol » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:46 pm

well- the day cheaters come into this community and force the servers to run pb is the day we high tail it towards making our own anti-cheating program for our soon-to-be standalone game... pb just has a few kinks in it i really can't get around- it may be awesome towards fighting the most common of cheat problems... but... it has way too many problems of its own...

btw- neckerson- may i make a suggestion?- everytime i play on ur serv and we r coming back from a br match and into an ffa map- it always automaticly goes into team play- well... i have never yet seen anyone play team play... we always vote into ffa as soon as we get into an ffa map from a br- so- could get around this prob by just putting "set g_gametype 0" infront of all the map strings instead of just the first one...

also- to personalize ppl's servers- the "sets" command can set w/e u want to equal w/e u want- "sets "Aerasol" "ROCKS!!!"" will make a server flag showing "Aerasol ROCKS!!!" come up on ase and the server properties tab in the game- so- if u have any special notes u want to include- can do it that way-
Aerasol
Pistolero

Re: pb

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:21 am

Aerasol wrote:so- could get around this prob by just putting "set g_gametype 0" in front of all the map strings instead of just the first one...

Hmmm, never thought of that before. Thanks for the tip! 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Game Server Info

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel