With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Where is RAWHIDE?

Postby DeUgli » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:57 pm

Looks like the Rawhide server has been down for a day or so. Any news on if or when it will be back?
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:34 am

It's back now. :) Unfortunately, the german servers are down now. I'll notify the admin.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:32 pm

Ok, the Rawhide server is the only one that does not seem to show up at http://www.bootblock.de/wq3 lately. It seems it doesn't want to show up in the ingame browser either. The folks who rent the server have checked it and they say everything is fine on their end. sig11 (who runs bootblock) tells me "If I query ID's server with a (linux) tool, it does not show up either." However, it does show up for me in the trial version of All Seeing Eye with a filter that detects wq3 servers. I am at a loss as to what to do about this for now. At any rate, the server is operating and I have connected to it just fine. Untill I can resolve this, you can connect through the console if you like by typing
/connect 64.237.43.197:27960

EDIT: It's showing up as it should now. I am clueless.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:29 pm

I finally put my "Manually add a server" feature live. So, this should at least get RAWHIDE back into the list on bootblock.de.

What are your
Code: Select all
sv_master1
sv_master2

etc. settings ? I have
sv_master1=master.quake3arena.com

Does ASE have its own master server to which you report, but somehow dropped ID's server ? My script only queries ID's master server.

For example, Gamespy also has a master server, but they don't allow 3rd party queries IIRC (at least it used to be so at some point in time). I have no idea how ASE is in that respect.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:31 am

This is what is in the server.cfg:

set sv_master2 "master0.gamespy.com:28900"
set sv_master4 "q3master.gamesinferno.com"
set sv_master3 "q3master.barrysworld.com:27950"
set sv_master2 "master0.gamespy.com"
set sv_master1 "master3.idsoftware.com"

I don't know if these are default or if I, our host or Lethal has changed these around. Seems odd that there are 2 sv_master2 entries there. Thanks for adding the abilitly to manually add a server to your website but I think I'd prefer to correct whatever problem I have in the cfg, if indeed that is the problem. Perhaps adding the setting you have and removing these others will fix it? At any rate, I'm going to try it. Thanks for the info!

EDIT: I've changed my config to the following

set sv_master1 "master.quake3arena.com"
set sv_master2 "master3.idsoftware.com"
set sv_master3 "q3master.gamesinferno.com"
set sv_master4 "master0.gamespy.com"

But without thinking first, I manually added my server to your website with no way of removing it. So now I won't know if this makes a difference unless the server shows up in the ingame browser. If it does, then I guess that it doesn't matter.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:33 pm

First, I still can't get Id to report RAWHIDE - neither in-game, nor with an external browser. So, adding it manually was a good thing ;-) (but your point about removing a server is worth considering, but this is something different).
FWIW: Nor can I find rawhide on http://www.serverspy.net/site/search/ . But I can find the other 4 servers, including mine, although I don't report to gamespy, so they might query Id, too, somewhere along the line.

Then about the cvars:
Did you restart the server and/or use "sets" instead of "set" ?
When I compare your list wih my various config files it seems to be the default one. I also remember being confused about the double entries and finally simply removed all entries but the id-master server. But either way, gamesinferno and barrysworld are (long) gone and can (or maybe should be) removed (this may actually be worth a bug report for the default server.cfg file included with WQ3). So I would simply leave

set sv_master1 "master.quake3arena.com"
seta sv_master2 "master0.gamespy.com"

(not sure about the set/seta/sets syntax - it confuses me every time ;-) ...)

Also, it may sound really stupid, but what is the cvar
dedicated

set to ? It should be "2".
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:06 pm

I uploaded the new server.cfg but I can't exec it??? I can kick bots just fine so I know rcon is working for me. When I try "/rcon exec server.cfg" the consloe reports "execing server.cfg" but nothing happens. Until I can get the server to reset with the new cfg it is still borked, afaik. :?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:47 am

I fixed up the server.cfg and restarted the server. RAWHIDE now shows up again in the in game browser..

Ed, You can't exec a blank server.cfg :roll: :roll:
Last edited by L3th4l on Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:57 am

It wasn't blank for me??? It was 5kb? Whatever.... :roll:
Anyway, thanks for fixing it.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby torhu » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:12 pm

Rawhide has been down for hours now. Tried ASE, in-game, and bootblock.de/wq3. Not that it matters to me, since I'm in Europe anyway. Is there something fishy about your server hosting?
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:02 pm

I see it in the ingame browser and can connect to it???
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby torhu » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:33 pm

Yes, it's back now. But it was down when I got up this morning, about 8 hours ago, and still down when I posted about it. Not much to do about it, I guess.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Return to Game Server Info

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel