With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Start server problem

Postby Hellrider » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:00 am

i wnated to start a server but it doesnt worked...i have nearly the same cserver.cfg as red neckerson has...
maybe anyone has an idea because it isnst shown on bootblock( by the way am i behind a router)

(ouch... don't drink too much met and beer as i did this time and you won't make as much mistakes hahahaha :D )
Last edited by Hellrider on Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:09 am

Are you saying that the server doesn't work at all, or that it works but just can't be seen or connected to? If you have a router you'll need to open whatever port you are using for the game. The default server port is 27960. Look at your routers' documentation to see how to do it.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:30 pm

The most obvious, of course, is setting dedicated to "2", so that it reports to ID's master (bootblock will only know about servers reported to ID's master server).

Opening 29760, as Red said, is the most important part. Some more hints on the master interaction.
Your server will make an outgoing connections to port 29750 on monster.idsoftware.com (or master3.idsoftware.com - same server, Q3 "specific" name). This is hardly ever a problem, since every game browser does the same.
Also, the master will check back to your game server from port 51818 on monster.idsoftware.com, connecting to port 29760 (or whichever game port you chose) of your game server. I'm not sure how crucial it is that the master suceeds, or if the master is happy if the game server only reports the hearbeat every 5 minutes (OTOH if you change dedicated from 2 to 1 and your server stops sending the heartbeat, the master will still check back ;-) ... it happened to me once ... you have to actually stop your server for 15 minutes or so, so that the master really forgets about your server ... but this is becoming way off topic ;-) ...)
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:39 pm

The server works itself but it can't be seen or connected to...It is set to dedicated 2,of course.

Is it "port triggering" what you mean with to "open a port" ?
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:39 pm

Most people refer to it as "port forwarding". What brand & model router do you have?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:58 pm

I think i know how to do this.

Nevertheless it is a "Netgear WGT624 V2".
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby sig11 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:58 pm

I did a quick google search on port triggering ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_triggering or http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Triggering or ) and I think I would not use this technique - at least not until everything works. Instead try using good old port forwarding as Red said.

If this is the port triggering you refer to, you can also check http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark, ... ;mode=flat (note the last point in the explanation, although, I would have an idea how it could work, but as I said, first try good old port forwarding ;-) ...)
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:03 pm

Here are instructions specific to your Netgear model.
http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_file ... P614Anchor
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:06 pm

Wow that were very fast answers...thanks a lot. I'll try it at the weekend when i got more time.

Cya on the servers

bang bang :D
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Return to Game Server Info

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel