With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Server does not show up on bootblock

Postby Hellrider » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:43 pm

i just tried to set up a server with the unlagged feature turned off for the long weekend.
It's set to dedicated 2, so it's sending heartbeat to the masterserver (master3.idsoftware.com) and to some others, too.
Everything is working fine so far but that damned server doesn't want to be seen...neither on bootblock nor in the monsterbrowser :(
I also tried it with the "add your own server" button on bootblock but that happened for over three hours....
I also can't find my server in the ingame-menu-list...strange :?
BTW the server's called "once upon a time in the west"

If anyone knows what I've done wrong, please tell me :wink:
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:34 pm

Are you hosting this server from your home network? If so, don't forget to forward the port in your router utitlity.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:01 am

You're right...it's my home server.

I forwarded the port 27960 and a few others some time ago.But now in the menu of my netgear where i inscribed the ip-adresses and the start/end-ports ----> now there are just "0"s....

Here a pic:

The main thing is: i can't delete them anymore and so i get conflicts when adding a new port for quake3 :( (the router tells me it's already in the list...)

I found this very strange and therefore I called the netgear hotline---> They said it's a known problem : I just have got to do a router reset :|
I think i'll try this some time week ;) (and woe betide netgear if it won't work!! :wink: )
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby sig11 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:16 pm

It seems it very briefly worked somehow ... or maybe it was just my "magic" setting up everything ;-) :
http://bootblock.de/wq3/s84.56.252.99.27960.html
That's the only page that contains "Once" in it's name and is relatively recent.

Also, I think I remember that recently I got some warnings about my script not being able to connect to some server. It could have been your server. I do get these warning from time to time but I can safely ignore them.

So, yes, your netgear should forward port 27960 to the actual PC running the WQ3 sever.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Return to Game Server Info

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel