With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Problems finding servers.

Postby Zapata » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:09 pm

Hello, I'm a Q3Western fan, and I have tried to find servers in internet, I configured all the options correctly but servers aren't showed, I have seen that there is a secction in the web called servers, but these servers only have bots and these servers either are showed in the game.

Have I a problem or there aren't server running still?
Zapata
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:53 pm

Welcome to the forum! :D

It's a known problem for some people to have trouble finding all of the servers in the wq3 multiplayer menu. Make sure you are searching for 'full' & 'empty' servers on the internet. The game has to check over 1000 q3 servers so it can take a minute or two. Give it some time. You can also try Monster Browser which works well for some players but can also take a minute or two to find the servers. Another thing you can try is a game launcher that will work from our server website. Near the top of that page you will see icons for game launchers that will work there. Once you install one, you can just visit our server page, click on the server you want to play on, then click on the appropriate launcher icon. Personally, I use X-Fire. Let us know if you have any more questions. :)
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Re: Problems finding servers.

Postby Pardner » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:44 pm

Zapata wrote:...I have seen that there is a secction in the web called servers, but these servers only have bots...

Heh another known problem. I think this list is the one your are talking about. The servers are empty most of the time. You can usually find players on the American server (RAWHIDE) in the evening (GMT-5), I dont know what time people are on the Europe servers though.

It seems that if there is 1 or 2 people on a server more will follow. So join if you see someone on a server and more might follow ;)
Pardner
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:28 pm

In addition what has said before:

If you have a firewall or router, make sure it allows traffic go through.

If you have a slow or bad connection to the US or Europe, the checking mechanism of the internal browser may time out. Then retrying may help.

Make sure you let the updating finish - this can take many many seconds.

Does regular Quake3 work for you ? If yes, how many and what kind of servers do you see ? Are they close to you ?
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

I think that the problems is Open Arena.

Postby Zapata » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:32 pm

The first, thank for the answers, I think that the problem is that I use Open Arena, not Quake3 how base game.

I can play with others specifying the ip and port, perhaps when Q3 Western will be standalone the problem will be fixed.

Good luck!
Zapata
Drifter

Return to Game Server Info

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel