With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Pre SG 1.0 archive

Postby Breli » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:38 pm

Clintstone wrote:In NewTown, the tree standing next to the jail is not solid. Breli, is that intentional? Would give a nice spot to do stupid things :)
[/url]

Yikes! No it is not! Looks like I forget to clip that thing ...

Thanks for reporting & lucky testing!

Cheers
Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:37 pm

Clintstone wrote:In NoNameCity, some of the windows are not breakable. Is that intentional?

Yes, that was intentional. I know everybody loves breakables, but I got complaints about both frame rates and the ugly "block" bankings. I replaced the bankings with better looking ones, but it really killed the frame rate, so i removed some of the breakables. The buildings look funny with out any windows so i made them look like they were just opened but unbreakable.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Breli » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:30 pm

there is actually nothing wrong with the tree in newtown. it's just the old problem of models and clipping. difficult to avoid and would look akward. However, I found a mistake in Dawnfort ;) ... maybe I'll take another crack at NewTown and the sparklies as well ... damned things.

Breli
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:10 am

Breli wrote:there is actually nothing wrong with the tree in newtown. it's just the old problem of models and clipping. difficult to avoid and would look akward.

Not sure I understand?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:13 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Not sure I understand?

Clips don't work correctly (collision detection) when a player leans forward. You can look "into" the model then. I assume Clintstone did that in NT. The tree is clipped. You cannot walk through it. Remeber the hilarious pictures you and Chico made "horsing around" in HeH? Chico sticking right out of the horses ass?

:lol:

I would have to clip way around the model which feels akward since you have an invisible wall all of a sudden. Not worth it.

I think. :)

Cheers

Breli

Breli
SG Team

Postby Clintstone » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:39 pm

Wow, I think I started something here... Breli, I think that I didn't express myself clear enough - and maybe the problem is not that big...
I thought that it might be fun trying to jump onto the branch, go to the trunk and try to place a gatling there...
But when you try to jump on the branch (which seems to be possible), you solely fall through it. I didn't manage to walk or run through the tree yet :wink:

ClintStone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby Breli » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:22 pm

ah ok, its the branch you are talking about here. Right, that one isn't clipped. Might be worthwhile to clip it for some gatling fun on the tree ;) ... maybe, i'll do that.

Cheers

Breli

Breli
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:02 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:It's a missing texture. Were you on Wasteland Testing? Tequila's server had that problem too but he fixed it.
Saw this again last night, when Chain Lightnin' and I were on. Can't remember which server we were on then, but it is definitely happening on Wasteland. Missing textures on the jail bars, mirror, underside of the trapdoor, and on the hinges of the big (fake) doors at the end of the map. I tried to login to the smokinguns.fr tester just now but got stopped at "snapshot", so I couldn't check that one out.

BTW, Red, the new lighting and sky in HEH look really great!
Irgendeiner wartet immer.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

HeH

Postby ChainLightnin' » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:22 am

Also the stair railings. But I did just get on SmokinGuns-Fr and everything is fine, including the mirror.
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby Tequila » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:29 am

About the missing texture, thanks to ReD I managed to understand the server must not have any old pakX.pk3 in its folders tree. I think Hika missed that as Wasteland has also regular WQ3 server. Mine too but I had to definitively and carefully separate SG & WQ3 installations.

Hika should try to review his SG server log and find which old pk3 it still read. Then he should manage to remove or avoid it...

But maybe we missed something by preparing pak0.pk3 where the missing texture seems to be expected ?
Tequila
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:56 am

Tequila wrote:But maybe we missed something by preparing pak0.pk3 where the missing texture seems to be expected ?

I just checked. The texture in question are textures/base_trim/pewter & textures/common/mirror1 and are indeed located in baseq3/pak0.pk3 as it should be.
ChainLightnin' wrote:BTW, Red, the new lighting and sky in HEH look really great!

Muchas gracias! Many, many hours of trial & error. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ChainLightnin' » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:57 am

(Actually, DeUgli wrote the comment on the sky, etc., but we both agreed ingame that it was very cool!) :D (I can only imagine how many hours that takes!)
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ChainLightnin' » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:36 am

Hmm, for what it's worth, I just got the "awaiting snapshot" stoppage on both test servers. They worked fine before. :?
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:02 am

ChainLightnin' wrote:(Actually, DeUgli wrote the comment on the sky

OOOPS! Sorry about that DeUgli!

Yes, I got the same thing from the test servers. They should be restarted.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:04 pm

Folks,

Ok, I made some changes:

- fixed stucked bot in DanwFort
- fixed some sparklies in NewTown
- increased minlight in NewTown
- clipped tree in NewTown to allow for some gatling fun

Anything else you want me to change? I have to do recompiles anyway so now is the time for your special requests :D

Breli
SG Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stand-alone Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel