With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Postby mczero » Tue May 22, 2007 11:33 am

Hmm I remember back when I played Unreal Tournament that I always had a high gamma value, on LAN Parties I always heard "Hey, do you have something with your eyes?"...
From there on I tried to play with more standard gamma settings,trying to play like everyone else lol...
But let's see what happens when I adjust it. Hika you're right, I still have a CRT.

Apart from that, I'm very astonished as how cute this community is...I feel to be in good hands here :wink:
SG name: Bud Spencer [GER]
IRC quakenet #westernq3: mczer0

Perhaps the target of a free game is it's way- not to have a final version, because it keeps the community involved, unlike some commercial games that pray: when it's done...
mczero
Drifter

Postby Breli » Tue May 22, 2007 10:25 pm

I'll see whether I can polish old backwater a bit (if real life duties allow me to do so) ... I have no clue why some ladders are fine and others are not. Durned mapping :roll:

He! mczero! Are you a buddy of clintstone? One of the next generation of the tea time guys?

;)

Cheers

Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Clintstone » Wed May 23, 2007 4:41 pm

Hi Breli,

Breli wrote:He! mczero! Are you a buddy of clintstone? One of the next generation of the tea time guys?

nah, he isn't, but we've had a quite nice shootout the other day. I thought one tester of the teatime-fraction is enough as the others send their recommendations to me and I hand them to you. Btw: just a week ago we even managed to do some Team DM with eight players during TT! Great stuff! A good chance to say a big thanks to all of you developer guys, you're doing a great job! 20 minutes of WQ after lunch definitely saves the day 8)

And you, Breli, keep up the good work, your maps are splendid!

Seeya,
Clintstone[+]
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby mczero » Wed May 23, 2007 8:04 pm

Yes the shootout was very funny... but I have to practise a bit more :roll:

True, I find the outdoor ambience of Breli's maps absolutely fantastic. I wished I could map with radiant as he does...
SG name: Bud Spencer [GER]
IRC quakenet #westernq3: mczer0

Perhaps the target of a free game is it's way- not to have a final version, because it keeps the community involved, unlike some commercial games that pray: when it's done...
mczero
Drifter

Postby Breli » Thu May 24, 2007 8:28 pm

Clintstone wrote:And you, Breli, keep up the good work, your maps are splendid!

mczero wrote:True, I find the outdoor ambience of Breli's maps absolutely fantastic. I wished I could map with radiant as he does...

Ok guys, cheque is in the post ... :lol: ... Thanks a lot for these kind words gentleman.

Dunno how much time I'll have in the near future for WQ or mapping. Real life duties hit me hard the last few weeks (FP7 will ring a bell at least for Clintstone ;))

Cheers

Breli

Breli
SG Team

Postby hika » Sun May 27, 2007 11:39 am

Not to break the cheerful ambient here :D
Here is some of my feedback :

The place where you can get stucked :

And there, you can see the player is dancing ;)

Now, it is up to Breli to see if it is worth fixing it ;)
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby Clintstone » Mon May 28, 2007 12:57 pm

Hi Breli,

I got two, too - just minor things for Backwater:

Where does this light source come from? It's in the first wagon:

F*ck, I think I lost the screenshots! My bad - sorry for that :cry: I'll use the free providers from now on... (Or I'll randomly take some from postimage.org, as seen above :wink: )

This ladder is hard to climb, I know you already said you wanted to revise all of them, but this one is especially hard to take - it's inside the "mill"....

Greetings,

Clintstone
Last edited by Clintstone on Sat May 31, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby Breli » Fri May 30, 2008 10:55 pm

:lol: sometimes the replacment of images at postimage yields very interesting results. The first post shows a glorious example ;)

Breli
SG Team

Postby Joe Kari » Fri May 30, 2008 11:16 pm

Hahaha !
That's right ! :D
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Sat May 31, 2008 11:07 am

Breli wrote::lol: sometimes the replacment of images at postimage yields very interesting results. The first post shows a glorious example ;)

OMG :!: :!: :!: WTF... :lol: Guess its time to do something different with images, cause that is just screwed up. I will look into it..
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Re: Backwater beta map is ready

Postby dolny » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Breli wrote:UPDATE: The final version of this map is included in WQ3 version 2.2 8)

Finally, Backwater is a showcase of new features that are possible with q3map2 and a peek for even more beautiful stuff which is about to come from L3th4l and Red 8O. Beauty comes with a big price tag attached, though. Those of you who have a girl friend know what I am talking about. I worked hard on optimization, but fancy stuff like terrain blending comes at a cost. Nevertheless, performance is good on the machines I use (which are low end machines BTW). If it isn't playable for you, you might want to change the "Particles" setting to NONE or FEW like Red already suggested. If you play in vertex mode, terrain blending will not work (naturally) and it will look like this

*Link removed by moderator.

rather than this

Wow, if this is getting into SG the community should grow REALLY rapidly. What more do you need besides shooting, good bank robbery modes and this? I like the terrain blending thing and I'm happy that the performance
is good.
:evil:
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby Breli » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:28 pm

good 'ol dolny checking in again! welcome back ;) ...

Breli
SG Team

Previous

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel