With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Let's face it, SG could sure use some talented modellers.

Moderator: Joe Kari

Postby Pardner » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:07 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Btw, it's probably not a good idea to offer your new models on moddb. Some noobs will find out they can no longer join pure servers & will be posting in here for help. ARRRGGGHHH!!!

You can still join pure servers even if you have additional pk3s in your smokinguns dir, right? IIRC, pure server prevents the client from loading those additional pk3 when joining a multiplayer game..... just dont put them on the servers!!!

(in agreement with your statement.... i have some serious doupts about some of those moddb users 8O )
Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:32 am

I didn't actually download the file, the screenshot was good enough for me. 8) (Tweaking the skin would be good though.)
If it's an additional pk3 then that won't cause any client problems... like you said. If it's a replacement with the same name, then of course it would. I should check the download before I make posts like that. :oops:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Clintstone » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi everyone,

and thanks for the new model! Very nice! We have a blender modeler here who likes to model a little. Does anyone of you know (and can propose) a good tutorial on how to incorporate blender models into SG (or quake)?

Thanks for your help,

ClintStone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby vIiRuS » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:09 pm

Hm ok.. i'll add a line to the moddb download that you can't see it on a pure server... hope that will prevent some "AAH I CAN'T SEE IT" posts. ;)

jeah that with the models sounds ok for me.. ;)

@Clintstone: well.... putting a model in SG/quake 3 isn't that hard... just need a good exporter. (thats the hard part...) I have to check where I found mine again.... because thats the first one I managed to export the animations with.... if I can't find it I could upload it myself.... but i think i should be able to find it somewhere ;)

€: i found the exporter/importer :)
http://otc6.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ ... unk/tools/

I downloaded all the otc6 files.... not sure if you need them all but it works...
use:
select every object you want to have ingame.
select File/export/*otc6 MD3-exp. non-compressed animated mesh

then you just have to adjust the texture paths with the nphernos MD3 compiler http://www.quakeunity.com/file=481
then the model should work....
vIiRuS
SG Contributor

Postby lutoma » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:47 pm

Great work VIirus....
I'll put this on our clanserver (when its up again :D)

Btw: Nice to see you in the SG forum
lutoma
Drifter

Postby Clintstone » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:58 pm

vIiRuS wrote:€: i found the exporter/importer :)
http://otc6.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ ... unk/tools/

Hey thanks, vIiRuS, that's great. No more excuses for not doing anything now :lol: *thumbs_up*

Cheers,

ClintStone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby ==diop » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:36 pm

remark: im modelling a colt navy (50% done), so dont start another one. :)

Nice model btw.
==diop
Drifter

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Fri May 15, 2009 7:47 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Good news! Yeah, some better looking hands would be a great place to start. Thanks! :D

oh rats, I thought all you wanted was a new texture (bangs head against keyboard) well so much for that texture I was working on :roll:
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby Tequila » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Just created a ticket about that to not loose that excellent work: New knife model Trac ticket

The essential questions for me are:
1. What is the license for that content ?
2. Should we use it as replacement for knife model or as an alternative with an option to set somewhere in the UI ?
8)
Last edited by Tequila on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed Trac site URL
Tequila
SG Team

Previous

Return to Modelling & Animation

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel