With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Extra, Extra...

Postby Pardner » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:48 pm

Surprise! I'm filling in for Red this news post. Things have been busy here on the forums and even more busy on the servers!

The second revision of the sg_map_tools has been released. You may download it here. The package includes a new compiler and is more stream-lined to make installation much easier. If you need help installing Radiant and/or getting started with mapping for Smokin' Guns, you should check out the mapping tutorials.

Some SG fans have read through the tutorials and started laying out their own levels. 3aTmE has started a map named Mansion, Black Jack Ketchum has started a map named Trapland, and as mentioned last week, Hideous has released his map named Desert Blood.

So Get to Mapping

Joe Kari has been doing a lot of work on improving the performance of Smokin' Guns. He has added a new entity that allows the maps to run smoother! Interested? Check it out in this thread. Tequila has put a lot of time into backporting SG to use the IoQ3 engine. If you want more information, you should see this thread, but most likely, you will want to look at the SourceForge.

Smokin' Guns has been making its rounds around the web; here are some more articles/reviews containing Smokin' Guns:
Here is the YouTube video from IdealSoft's Review:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fegpqX2h73k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fegpqX2h73k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

While you're on the main page, take a look at the POTW. Looks nice doesn't it? You can download a replacement knife model made by vIiRuS right here in this thread.
Last edited by Pardner on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Hey! your first news post and POTW and ya didn't break anything! Good job :D :wink:
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:25 pm

true, but i uploaded the wrong POTW... i had one that was 800x600 but i uploaded the 600x600 one oops.

EDIT: Fixed, thanks Red!
Pardner
SG Team

Postby EvilFutsin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:05 pm

This reminds me I need to both get started on a real map (my small thing isn't working out :cry:) and do more SG video stuff. (for fun, this time)
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Re: Extra, Extra...

Postby Breli » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:11 pm

Perfect fist news post, go Pardner go 8)

Pardner wrote:So Get to Mapping

Don't think I don't know whom you are kicking here with THIS picture :lol: ... I know, I know ... I'll do my very best.
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby =Chico= » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:00 am

very nice 1st post Pard. You are a natural. And no spelling mistakes! :D
=Chico=
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:05 am

FF spellchecker FTW!!
Pardner
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:54 am

=Chico= wrote:very nice 1st post Pard. You are a natural. And no spelling mistakes! :D

LOL. I found a boo boo :D

"you should check our the mapping tutorials."

Guess you couldn't make up your mind if it was "our mapping" or "out the mapping" :D :wink:

Just pickin bro.. :wink:
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:01 am

yeah yeah yeah... ff spell check doesn't fix my booboos... you gotta watch me like that :lol:
Pardner
SG Team

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel