With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
The place for eye candy.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Coup'George

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Sat May 16, 2009 1:41 am

well guys I uploaded "theBlacksmith" to filePlanet, so if you would like to give him a shot here you go :D http://www.fileplanet.com/200291/200000 ... smith-Skin
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat May 16, 2009 3:05 am

High quality & a bot file as well! Great work! :D

[thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/19_06_1.jpg][timg]19_06_1.jpg[/timg][/thumb] [thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/19_shot0002_1.jpg][timg]19_shot0002_1.jpg[/timg][/thumb]

Even though it isn't based on a spaghetti western character, I might like to include this in the next release if the rest of the team agrees. The only problem I see is that most everyone will want to use this new skin. :P
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Sat May 16, 2009 3:16 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:High quality & a bot file as well! Great work! :D

Even though it isn't based on a spaghetti western character, I might like to include this in the next release if the rest of the team agrees. The only problem I see is that most everyone will want to use this new skin. :P

thank you veary much Red :D

I just need to ask one thing though... what is this "spaghetti western" everyone keeps talking about? :lol:
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby Redwing » Sat May 16, 2009 3:34 am

How do I install it? :oops:
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Sat May 16, 2009 3:55 am

RedWing wrote:How do I install it? :oops:

all you should need to do is put the .pk3 file in C:\Program Files\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns

and their you go. it will only work on solo matches, you can't use it online.
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby moRtem » Sun May 17, 2009 12:17 pm

looks really nice on the pics : -)

i'll just wait until it is added in next release though

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby /dev/random » Sun May 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Since I like that model, I shrinked its size a little. Modified version available here. (Let's hope I didn't screw it up :D)
By the way, what about a readme?
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:05 pm

/dev/random wrote:By the way, what about a readme?

haha *cough* (never thought about that) :D I think I was just thinking (its really simple, just put the .pk3 file with all the other ones. of course anyone can figure that out, right...?) it may be awhile before I add a readme

thank you for putting it on File front dev/random. now guys can download it without needing an account :)

btw you said you made it smaller, did you take out the ".hit" and ".MD3" files that I left in by accident? I didn't find out if I really needed them or not.
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby /dev/random » Tue May 19, 2009 10:31 pm

Yes, I deleted the .hit and .md3 files since they're part of SG's pk3s anyways. Furthermore I reduced the .skins's size and also converted the images to .jpg, which is smaller than .tga (and works the same as long as you don't use an alpha channel).

The readme could also contain some "copyright" notice and maybe a small story about the model :)
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby sparcdr » Tue May 19, 2009 10:39 pm

Copyright and history should be part of the manual. You're free to modify the release version and make improvements, add attribution for content that there is some history for, and may also include a plaintext file with your zip if you chose not to have us ship it on our next update. (May it be in beta or otherwise)
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:33 am

sparcdr wrote:Copyright and history should be part of the manual. You're free to modify the release version and make improvements, add attribution for content that there is some history for, and may also include a plaintext file with your zip if you chose not to have us ship it on our next update. (May it be in beta or otherwise)

ok, would you want me to update the file? it was just the pk3 file that I uploaded, I did not put it in a zip file, so I would not have even been able to add a readme.

I am also a little confused, do I need to have a readme in order for this to be part of the next update?
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby Sucalakafufu » Wed May 20, 2009 1:41 am

-]DES[- Player_3 wrote:
I just need to ask one thing though... what is this "spaghetti western" everyone keeps talking about? :lol:

Spaghetti Westerns are Italian Westerns.. Mostly directed by Italians :)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=spaghetti+western

google is ur friend :lol:
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed May 20, 2009 2:41 am

-]DES[- Player_3 wrote:I am also a little confused, do I need to have a readme in order for this to be part of the next update?

Not really, but it would be very nice. That way we have something to refer to so we don't mess up with giving you credit fot it. :wink:

If you ever do anymore skins, I'd like to request you base them on spaghetti western actors. Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda, etc. Or do faces give you some trouble?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Wed May 20, 2009 3:23 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote: Or do faces give you some trouble?

why do you think I made a guy with a mask :D
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

masks

Postby gnaag » Sun May 24, 2009 12:47 am

As you are talking about masks, it would be very nic, if there would be a character with handkerchief around the face. Just like when we was young playing the bandits.
gnaag
Newcomer

PreviousNext

Return to Texture Artists

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel